Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed alot of posts similar to this, and wondered if anyone has same prob. Car is garage kept, and it's 70-80 degrees here. When I leave for work in the morning she won't pop out of first gear. After about 20 seconds it's fine, and in the 50 mile drive to work there are no problems. Do I have to put a baby blanket over the hood at night? What gives? Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
This is a tricky one... The clk's computer makes the engine start on 2nd gear after the car has been off for more than 4 hours... Therefore, when you start driving, you will actully be on 2nd gear, and will take about 15-20 seconds to get to third... dont ask me why merc. did this. I tested this by starting my car one morning, and I floored it as soon as i got out of the garage... I definatley felt the car going from 2nd to 1st...

Hope this helps

YAHOO - juancpath

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
I thought the car only starts in second when you put the rocker switch on "W" for winter mode. "S" or summer mode puts it back so it starts in first.

·
Registered
215 Posts
When you have the winter mode on, the car will start on 2nd gear everytime you stop.. it basically shuts down 1st gear. But, whenever the car has been off for more than 4 hours the car will start in 2nd gear no matter if you are on W or S mode.

I would love to know the reasoning behind this... though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think the timer is actually 6 or 8 hours.. and it also has to do with temperature, barometric pressure, the phase of the moon, that your latitude and longitude is and the blanket you use.. of course. I used a fleese blanket on mine [;)]

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So that screaming whine that I love (old, Codemasters TOCA DTM veteran)is normal? Sounds like I'm gonna jettison a rod through my nice, shiney hood!

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
juancpath - 5/9/2005 12:00 PM

about the whine, you can tell people you have supercharger under the hood.... they will believe it.
Thanks for all the info Juan. If the "whine" gets any louder, I'll tell the people my wife is under the hood. They'll believe that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts