Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've recently noticed my transmission slipping every so often. This occasionally happens when I slow down and when I first start the car and reverse out of the driveway. I've also noticed two inch diameter drops of oil (transparent but with a hint of black) on the garage floor. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the oil leaking around a black rectangular box. There was oil accumulating on one of the bolts supporting a bracket just behind this box.

Cheers

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1369000-transmission-fluid-leak-connector.html#post2809739
laksa, have you ever changed the connector that is being discussed in that thread? how about the atf + filter + pan gasket? if not don;t forget your torque converter has a drain plug also, allowing for almost all of the old fluid to drain. mine doesn't downshift perfectly sometimes when i come to a stop, it has always done it, and once i do the tranny reset procedure it seems to dissappear for a while, but then it comes back. it has done it for over 4 years, and i just live with it. somehow i don't have that problem in my s320. make sure you check the connector for leakage.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day Tirona,

I do not work on my car...I'm dangerous when it comes to cars haha. My indie did the 120,000 k service which included the transmission oil change. There was a filter kit involved but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
your indie must have changed the atf/filter then. take it again to him and tell him to double check the fluid level, i think the car has to be all warmed up and running when checking the fluid level with the mb dipstick. but i would also ask him to check the leakage around the connector that is located above one of the corners (northeast corner, where by north i mean towards engine, south towards the rear, west is drivers side and east is passenger side) of that black rectangular box that you are talking about in the first post. tell him to replace the part and clean/dry the area really good. also make sure you have no stored error codes. good luck

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tranny

Tirona,
I've been told I have the 722.5 version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts