Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 til 129
6 Posts
First of all change the oil and the filter. Normally after this it shifts a lil harder. On...

First of all change the oil and the filter. Normally after this it shifts a lil harder. Only use transmission oil (fluid) which is recommended by DB

·
Registered
89 300TE
290 Posts
SHIFT HARDER??? I dont get it....I wish my E280 would shift softer and smoother.

SHIFT HARDER??? I dont get it....I wish my E280 would shift softer and smoother.

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbo
10 Posts
Me too

My 1985 300D gives me wipe-lash when it changes from 1st to 2nd gear. I think it is because the fly wheel is so much bigger than 2nd gear, buy i dont like it. Is my asumtion correct about the fly wheel?

·
Registered
82 300D, ISU Formula
225 Posts
Same here.

My 300D clunks from park to drive. Then when it shifts up through the gear range, its buttery smooth, but when it shifts from 2nd to 1st, it feels like you ran something over. CLUNK!!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Adjustment

Try this site

http://www.mercedesdismantlers.com/722.3and722.416_transmission_adjustments#722.3 Series and 722.416 Transmission Adjustments

It should provide you with everything you need to know about adjusting the transmission.

If your tranny is too soft, it will put more wear on the clutches. If it is harder, the tranny will last longer.

I believe, in your case, that the modulator valve must be adjusted. It should be located on the bottom side of the transmission underneath the car. Turn it clockwise for a harder shift.

Good luck,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.