Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 CLK320
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 clk320 with 85k miles is shifting rough. Could it be I need a fluid filter change or a misadjusted bowden cable or drive shaft flex discs like MBCA.org suggests? Or, do i need an overhaul of the transmission?

·
Registered
1998 CLK320
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not as of yet....I am going to get the mounts, fluid, and filter changed

Not as of yet....I am going to get the mounts, fluid, and filter changed. If not I might just trade my clk in for a 2002

·
Registered
'99 CLK320
30 Posts
When you say $100 for service, do you mean at a MB dealer? And by service, you mean jus...

When you say $100 for service, do you mean at a MB dealer? And by service, you mean just changing the fluid and filter? What are the "mounts"?

The resevoir is sealed, right? You can't even check the level...I believe the manual says change the fluid at 40k (?) miles or 4 years. My car has 23K, but just turned 4 years old. Should I change it now? (I was going to wait until 30k service...but if it is only $100...)

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
I believe he was talking about he motor mounts. The dealer charges much more. I take m...

I believe he was talking about he motor mounts. The dealer charges much more. I take my car to a certified MB mechanic who does great work and charges a fair rate.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts