Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'96 G 320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gretings All....From my last post...I seem to Have transmission stew inside my housing.

'96 G320 (early)

Dealer recommend is BelTronic? (sp?)Not yet Located.
I spoke with Mercedes Dismantlers....Any References?

I would appreciate any insight/info/ on rebuilders.

Preservationists: Is it OK to Swap? #'s discussion or should I have my local (qualified) guy do it?

TIA

Blown in Boston

·
Registered
98 C-230, 07 C-280 4matic
82 Posts
Sorry about your Blown T-mission blues. Your model is not listed, but I know of two transmissions ready for install. One is on the Germany Ebay site, brand new and in the box. Other is a rebuilt on the www.clubwagen.com site. He is looking for the best reasonable price, with one year guarantee if I remember right. Depends on what you want, one is a five speed for a 460 and the other is a 4 speed auto.

Good luck. Might be quicker and cheeper for one of these.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
'96 G 320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up! It's a '96 G 320 Europa! Momentarily I think I've shamed the MB dealer into a repair. they wanted to install a new/rebuilt from Deutscheland about $7k w.o. installation!

The diagnosis came in at a broken band and pump? It's being dropped and opened now. If they give-up, I'm going for a rebuild.

For All:
I came across Adsitco in Muncie Indiana http://adsitco.com/catalog/default.asp?CID=1634

It may be valuable for some/many/all/noone in the future.

They offered to do the rebuild for about $1400. and additional for the torque converter ...$275.

Anything else I should do while it's down?

I wish I weren't the pioneer here! But I'll report so others can learn!

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,982 Posts
gwgng2 - 3/2/2005 4:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up! It's a '96 G 320 Europa! Momentarily I think I've shamed the MB dealer into a repair. they wanted to install a new/rebuilt from Deutscheland about $7k w.o. installation!

The diagnosis came in at a broken band and pump? It's being dropped and opened now. If they give-up, I'm going for a rebuild.
gwgng2, It would be most helpful to all of us, including yourself, if you would fill out your profile with your vehicle and location. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts