Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also have another question:

My 2006 E350 (54000 miles) these days when I decelerate below 20 miles I can feel a slight "halt", can tell when the gear shift from 3rd to 2nd. However when I accelerate I don't have this problem.

No signs of leaking transmission fluid.

Do I need a tune up with 54000 miles?

Thanks for your opinion. ^^D

·
Registered
2015 ML350/2013 SL63
562 Posts
Mine had a similar issue like that between 1st and 2nd. Dealer found that my rear diff was leaking. They flushed the fluid, re-sealed it and now it's fine. All under wtty

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
239 Posts
I also have another question:

My 2006 E350 (54000 miles) these days when I decelerate below 20 miles I can feel a slight "halt", can tell when the gear shift from 3rd to 2nd. However when I accelerate I don't have this problem.

No signs of leaking transmission fluid.

Do I need a tune up with 54000 miles?

Thanks for your opinion. ^^D
Are you sure you are not simply feeling the bump of the downshift from 3rd to 2nd? In my opinion, MB transmissions are less than smooth, and they can often have a mind, and I use that term very loosely, of thier own.

Did you have your 39000 mile transmission service done?

Regarding the other poster's response, I'm not sure that topping up the diff has any effect on what's going on in the transmission.

·
Registered
2004 E500
194 Posts
mine currently has 63K plus miles and it only does it when i start and drive, if i let it warm up for about 2-3 min its will be fine, other than that it does it pretty often in "S" sport mode but never in "C" comfort.

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
Are you sure you are not simply feeling the bump of the downshift from 3rd to 2nd? In my opinion, MB transmissions are less than smooth, and they can often have a mind, and I use that term very loosely, of thier own.
Did you have your 39000 mile transmission service done?
Regarding the other poster's response, I'm not sure that topping up the diff has any effect on what's going on in the transmission.
e3502006:(*)

If your owners manual specified the transmission service at 39000 miles, it was very important to do it.

The part about topping off is very important because if it is done with fluids not specified by MB, the mixture can cause havoc.

These are my two cents. Cheers. Joe

(*)e3502006: Where did this number come from? It's from Devil's Island.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.