Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1993 320E 3.2 24v
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny been shifting pretty rough when its cold and when it would shif from 2nd to 3rd it would stick in the neutral for 500rpm and then shif with a kick. But when car is warmed up it shifted perfectly. Yesterday everything was the same , but then i stopped at a stop light and started driving and then suddenly i realised that rpm go up and car is going the same speed; i tried to floor it - nothing... i downshifted from "D" to "3" - again nothing. I stopped, put the car in "P" and put it back to "D" - it drove perfectly. So I think that tranny slipped for some reason - i don't want it to happen again, so i need help fixing it. I was told that tranny oil flush should help ou. what do you guys think?

any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
I had a similar problem w/ a 93 infinity trans. I did a flush w/o changing the filter (this was reccommended not to change)and the problem went away. They also put in some sort of trans fluid addative. Car went another 40k miles and no problems ever, then sold car. How many miles on that 300e of yours?

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
G4...The stats on that infiniti i had were 100k when trans started slightly slipping. I think i paid $79 bucks w/ the additive and that slip was eliminated. Have you had to do your upper wire harness or your head gasket yet?

·
Registered
500E, E320, 190E, E55
1,006 Posts
It sounds like ireversable damage has already occured.
Hopefully not for your sake. Perform a full flush of the ATF (with torque conv.) Also, adjust the shift firmness adjuster (on the side of the case itself) about 2 full turns for your case. Next, hope for the best!! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
i have a similar problem. when shifting from second to third there is usually a rough shift.. so the problem is not fixable? been like that for a while :( sniff [:(]

·
Registered
1993 320E 3.2 24v
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually i flushed tranny and torque converter (completely) and now it seems to be shifting fine.

I hope that was the solution for my problem.

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Glad to hear that! Was a flush type additive added prior to the fluid change? keep us posted!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts