Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 C230 Kompressor sedan with the semi-automatic transmission and 76K miles. The tranny has been acting strange lately with late shifts that are rough and also shifting out of gear while accelerating. The problem seems to be worse in the mornings when the engine and transmission are cold and the air temperature outside is cold. It has been jumping out of gear into neutral while accelerating, and in order to get the car into gear again, I have to stop, shift into park, then shift back into drive. Needless to say, this problem can be dangerous if the car pops out of gear while in traffic.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, what was the problem and solution? Could the fluid be low, or is it something more serious? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks
Brent
2005 C230K SS

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Fluid level is the first thing to check. You will need a shop tool dipstick to check the level. Transmission should be in park, and engine running at 80C normal operating temperature. Keep in mind if the fluid is low it's leaking from somewhere. My C32 was leaking from the parking paw assembly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good question. I bought the car a little over a year ago, and no service records came with it, so I don't know if the fluid and filter have ever been changed.

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
Just posted some detailed info for another user about this on the 'other' forum.
Take a look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry, but since I'm relatively new to M-B, I'm not familiar with the "other" forum. Can you give me the link?

Brent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts