Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi is any one know why transmission starts shift on high rpm (2500-3000)? I did tune up (maf, spark plug, fuel filter and oil change)

·
Registered
'03 Z4, '02 E55, '11 ML350
710 Posts
veprbest,

I just noticed you have four posts on the same issue. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by this. :nono:

However, you need to remember that you are working on and maintaining a car that was about $75k when new. If you didn't buy a car that was documented as well maintained, you need to be prepared to spend a bunch of money on differed maintenance. Many of the parts are AMG model specific (e.g., front rotors, $300 EACH!)

I don't mean to rain on your parade but for you, AMG may stand for "All Money Gone".

Good luck with your new wheels.

Mike K.

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before I had 2001 clk 55 with 110 k miles for two years it was no problem at all just broke motor mount bough it for $65 change it my self. Hope this is a good car and after I fix this it is gonna be the same thing.

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put back old maf sensor drive it last night for 4 hour everything is perfect so I don't know what was the problem, maybe new maf is no good.

·
Registered
W210 E55 , Excalibur Pheaton
78 Posts
I put back old maf sensor drive it last night for 4 hour everything is perfect so I don't know what was the problem, maybe new maf is no good.
hopefully its not from the work your doing . but if your qualified for the job then should be no problem . So your saying it wouldnt kick in when you give it gas untill 2500rpm? Your new MAF is it OEM or aftermarket? Are you getting CEL check engine light ? Did you pull any codes ? Have you had it hooked up to Mercedes Star System ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts