Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 300E with mods
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 300E. Ok so first some history. I had the transmission rebuilt about 2 years ago by a horrible company called AAMCO. Big mistake. Since the the car has ran but not how it used to.First gear to second shifts horribly. Almost as if driving stick. I have to let my foot of the gas for it to shift. Recently the car has been running as if it lost a lot of power. I am unsure if its fuel related or transmission and engine related. I have experience with cars and can check whatever is suggested. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
13,172 Posts
Cali

Yes, AAMCO is a big mistake. However.... your car was designed to start off in 2nd gear not first. So is it a hard shift from 2nd to 3rd or ??? You don't mention how many miles you have on it, when the last time you tuned it was. I mean really tuned it with new plugs, cap, wires, rotor, filters (air and fuel) etc. etc. You aren't giving us much to go on in helping you out with your problem without some real information other than what you think is a half ass rebuild at AAMCO.

Good Luck,

Jayare

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,512 Posts
AAMCO may have rebuilt the transmission okay but screwed up the throttle valve cable and vacuum modulator adjustment after installing it. Did it shift poorly as soon as you got it back? After you had it a while? Have you checked the fluid level lately? If it is low the modulator could have a bad diaphragm and trans fluid is being sucked into the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts