Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just get back from my C-inspection 320$+tax ( MB Laval ) at 59000 km and service-guy ask me for my transmision-oil change , if I want to do it today ? ( 300 $ )

How often do you change transmision oil ?

·
W245 Moderator
3,302 Posts
As per Service Overview list for Assyst Plus, the CVT transmission oil and filter change is to be done every 60.000 Kms - Service 20.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Will do mine (manual) at about 130-140K.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Hell yeah, gear oil!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I don't have a CVT and the WIS is on the home computer...

Maybe someone can quickly chime in whether there's a filter involved and/or whether there's a drain plug or you have to remove the pan like a lot of auto trannies. If it's the easier scenario, anyone can just buy the right oil (I'd buy it from the dealer) and have someone drain/fill.

edit: should've just searched...right here on benzworld...although this is on a B180CDI (maybe the CVT is similar/same)...there's a filter, and the pan comes out...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w245-b-class/1541947-w245-b180cdi-2007-cvt-oil-change.html

·
Registered
920 Posts
I don't have a CVT and the WIS is on the home computer...

Maybe someone can quickly chime in whether there's a filter involved and/or whether there's a drain plug or you have to remove the pan like a lot of auto trannies. If it's the easier scenario, anyone can just buy the right oil (I'd buy it from the dealer) and have someone drain/fill.

edit: should've just searched...right here on benzworld...although this is on a B180CDI (maybe the CVT is similar/same)...there's a filter, and the pan comes out...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w245-b-class/1541947-w245-b180cdi-2007-cvt-oil-change.html
just had mine done recently. You need to drop the pan. Most importantly is choosing the correct oil. Oil may cost you approx $70-100. You'll need to purchase gasket, and locking pin from MB. There is a pin that needs to be replaced (it costs like $1-2, but can only be purchased at MB). Can't remember if there's a filter. Clean the pan, so that it looks brand spanking new before replacing. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Did you buy the oil at MB..?

....and which oil did you use for your CVT..?

I've been told to use only MB tranny oils..whether it's the manual or CVT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts