Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Mercedes E320 wagons (2)
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The older Auto Transmission Mount was torn to shreds along with a missing bolt and nut and any other parts such as split washer (if applicable), etc.

The new replacement Auto Transmission Mount 1242400618 has a bolt on top that goes inside the hole on the bottom of the TRANSMISSION CASE REAR 124 270 01 11. I am missing the nut that goes on the bolt. I believed it is a size 19mm nut. Can anyone tell me exactly what is needed to tighten the bolt with a nut? Is the nut a special type nut with the correct 19mm size along with other related parts that goes on the bolt from the top or bottom of the Transmission Rear Case such split washer, using thread locker, etc., to make sure the proper and/or correct tightening fitment? Anyone out there can share some insight into this? Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
W124
4,694 Posts
IIRC you need to remove the front flex disk and remove the crossmember to service the rear transmission mount.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tuttenbene, thank you for last post. Perhaps I am not making myself clear. First, the flex discs already been removed. Second the crossmember is also removed.

All I am asking is what I need to have to tighten the transmission mount bolt that goes up and inside the rear transmission case bottom hole? I believe I need the 19mm nut and is it a regular 19mm nut or a special kind of nut? In addition, how many washers do I need to put on the bolt of the transmission mount? Is it two? One washer that goes on the transmission mount bolt below the rear case housing and one above the rear case housing? Also, what kind of washer needed, split lock or regular washer or something else? In addition, do I need to apply liquid thread lock on the transmission mount bolt?

Bottom line is I want to make sure the transmission mount bolt is tight and secured on the transmission rear case housing. Thanks to all for reading.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mentioned that all of the nut and washers related to the transmission mount and the transmission case rear are gone/missing.

·
Registered
W124
4,694 Posts
Sorry "D", we are now officially out of my wheelhouse. I don't have enough experience removing and working with transmissions to help you. How about calling out to Sun Valley Transmissions in California? They just might be willing to spare the five minutes it takes to set you straight.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tuttebenne, Thanks for your last post. I did some research on this issue.
1994 E320 wagon 3 parts related to the transmission mount bolt

3 parts related to the transmission mount bolt that goes inside the transmission rear case housing bottom hole:
308675012001 - Transmission Mount Nut - - Secures the transmission to the transmission mount -
Issue: I believed the size of the nut is 19mm. Would any 19mm nut would do or does it have to a special nut using the Mercedes Brand?

1242420026 - Transmission Mount Shim - Located between the transmission and the transmission mount -

Issue: This part is ridiculously expensive. Are there any compatible shim that are cheaper and would work?

Washer needed?

Issue: Would any standard washer work as long as it fits on the inside of the transmission mount bolt or is it not even necessary to have washer?

Hopefully, someone out there can help me to resolve those 3 above issues, especially the shim part. Thanks for reading.

Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi sbaert thanks for your last post. After going to the website you gave me, I did some more research. I realized that searching for the part number 1242420026 turned to a bunch of non-related stuff that has nothing to do with the shim part. So I researched again, this time Mercedes 124-242-00-26 and sure enough a few of the USA websites have this particular shim for sale. There is not much difference in prices except the shipping cost differences. The website you gave me in Europe, a few dollars differences according to the latest price in comparison.

I also found the diagram for the parts related to the shim (number 62) in the first diagram on the left. I also realized there is no washer needed. The nut (number 53) goes inside the transmission mount bolt (number 38).

According to the website with the diagram, the nut (number 53) is called the Hexagon nut engine mounting to transmission, part number: N308675012000. The Hexagon nut appears to be a special kind of nut due to its smaller height size in comparison to a regular 19mm nut. I guess that is a tight fit to go inside the transmission rear case housing with little room to play. When I research this particular hexagon nut and the part number, I don't see any of the Hexagon nut for sale. Then I found this website: https://www.ecstuning.com/Mercedes_Benz-1995-E320-124.052-Base-Coupe-L6_3.2L/Drivetrain/Mounts/Transmission/Hardware/ This is a different name of the nut and part number.

Here is the website where I found this diagram, http://www.catcar.info/mercedes/?lang=en&l=Y2xhc3M9PTF8fGNvdW50cnk9PUZ8fHN0PT03MHx8c3RzPT17IjEwIjoiQXNzb3J0bWVudCBjbGFzcyIsIjIwIjoiQ2FyLU5vcnRoIEFtZXJpY2EiLCI1MCI6IjEyNC4wOTIgICAgIiwiNjAiOiIyNCBFTkdJTkUgU1VTUEVOU0lPTiIsIjcwIjoiMDE1IEVOR0lORSBTVVNQRU5TSU9OIn18fGNhdGFsb2c9PTE1WCAgIHx8Y2F0YWxvZzE9PTE1WCAgIHx8dHlwZT09MTI0fHx0eXBlMT09MTI0fHxzdWJtMT09MDkyfHxzdWJtMTE9PTA5Mnx8YWdndHlwZT09R0F8fGFnZ3R5cGUxPT1GR3x8bW9kZWw9PTEyNC4wOTIgICAgfHxtb2RlbDE9PTEyNC4wOTIgICAgfHxkZXRhaWxncnBudW09PTI0fHxzdWJncnA9PTAxNXx8cGFnZTcwPT0x
Diagram parts of transmission mount, nut, shim Perfect!!.png

Thanks, sbaert.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,141 Posts
If you have the 4Matic (unclear from your posts), then you have to follow the FSM procedure for tightening the transmission mount. You have to slacken some bolts, run the car in neutral at a certain RPM and then re-tighten the bolts.

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts