Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 300D
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get a kit from a parts store for replacing the transmission filter and gasket. It dsoesn't look that hard to replace. There are four bolts on the trans pan. The gasket/seal looks old. I know Pep BOys doesn't have them, I'll check NAPA. Anyone have any suggestions? Any websites that would help me?

Thanks Ken

·
Registered
1991 300E
117 Posts
Mercedessource.com has always been helpful and Kent has all kinds of kits for the DIYer....

Mercedessource.com has always been helpful and Kent has all kinds of kits for the DIYer. I get all my parts from the local MB. If I'm going bust up my knuckles on my beautiful TD she's only getting the best quality parts. Trans filter kit is about $35 from the dealer. Good luck.
-M-

PS; Make sure you are really careful not to warp the pan. Tighten all the bolts properly each a little at a time and only to proper torque limits. Do Not over tighten. Nothings worse than a leaky trans pan.

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Use OEM from dealer or Mercedes Source.com. The trans it too valuable to to use anything e...

Use OEM from dealer or Mercedes Source.com. The trans it too valuable to to use anything else. You may be able to use the gasket again, but order one anyway.
You likely will be able to use the gasket again on the second change.

Local (Dallas) Mercedes dealer gives wholsale first 10 days to MBCA members. I often save my purchases for then.
John Gregg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.