Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E500
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was driving my car and decided to turn off the air in the car and open my window. As I come to the stop light and started moving again I noticed that the cars was shifting like new???? No jerking of any kind I am talking silky smooth shifting. So I did a little test and kept turning air supply on and off and my god what a difference. I have heard that vacuum leaks can cause problems but this!!!!!
Any how will take the car to shop and get that vacuum leak fixed ASAP...... what a joy......[:D]

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Leak

Your A/C compressor pulls about 20 horsepower from your engine. Without the compressor engaged you are adding 20 horsepower to your engine. You may not have a leak in the system.

·
Registered
2003 E500
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The air I was referring to was just regular air not the AC. It didn’t meter witch one regular circulation or AC. As soon as I closed air supply completely the jerking went a way......

·
Registered
2003 E500
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The air I was referring to was just regular air not the AC. It didn’t meter witch one regular circulation or AC. As soon as I closed air supply completely the jerking went a way......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.