Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2011 A160 petrol with CVT which after was parked does not want to start anymore. When I turn the key there is no sound from the starter and on the instrument panel are missing the informations about the gearbox lever position. I've read the errors and there is no communication with the TCU. There were no errors before this and the car was running fine. I've checked the fuses near the battery and all are OK, but i see that there is no voltage on the fuses F26 and F27 after i turn the key. Could this be the problem? Does anyone knows if the TCU is powered from a relay on the SAM or have a wiring diagram for the CVT ?

·
Outstanding Contributor
smart EQ C453 2020 sold A200 C169 2006
1,605 Posts
Hi,

Here's a link to a CVT files I have - it's too big to upload here (69 files), so I put it on WeTransfer - they only keep uploads for 7 days though:

Also check Forrera's YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/forrera168/videos - everything and anything about A- and B-class from the top expert on the subject, including CVT problems, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you David,

A lot of interesting things in your documentation, I've found someting inside, but a wiring diagram is what I need. Now I know that the TCU receive 2 inputs one on circuit 31 and one on 87 but which is each and from where, is unknown to me.
I've looked at the videos too, but nothing helpful.

·
W168, W169 Moderator
A150, A180 and B200 CVT, A140, A160, A170,A190 And A210
576 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2011 A160 petrol with CVT which after was parked does not want to start anymore. When I turn the key there is no sound from the starter and on the instrument panel are missing the informations about the gearbox lever position. I've read the errors and there is no communication with the TCU. There were no errors before this and the car was running fine. I've checked the fuses near the battery and all are OK, but i see that there is no voltage on the fuses F26 and F27 after i turn the key. Could this be the problem? Does anyone knows if the TCU is powered from a relay on the SAM or have a wiring diagram for the CVT ?
Yes, one of the relays behind the glove box has something to do with transmission, starting and brake fluid level warning sign.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts