Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 60K on my '02. The dealer says I should flush and fill the Trans and power steering fluids. My Independent Mechanic who used to work at Benz says don't do it until 100K. He said he serviced his and started to have problems with the trans. Its not the money, is it really a must do or not. What is the experience out there?

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
149 Posts
Its not likely that servicing your transmission would cause it to have problems. Either that was a coincidence for your mechanic, or either they did something wrong when servicing it. I had mine serviced at 45K and haven't had any problems...

You'll only know if it was worth it to service it or not if your transmission dies on you because you didn't service it... other than that you can't know [;)]

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
The dealers go by the book that says every 100K miles. People have had theirs changed at 60K and the fluid was very black and noticed much better shifts after flushing. I had mine changed at 60K miles and they said the fluid was "immaculate." So, it depends on your car. However, considering how much our tranny's cost if they break, I would spend the money and get it done at 60K (make sure they get it out of the tourque converter too) and use only MB fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts