Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have brought my car to a shop where they only service german cars, and they are licensed technicians.. my trans has been doing hard downshifting from 2nd to 1st. so now, they said they have to take my trans computer apart and clean it because its soaked in oil, they have to change my 13 pin connector and change the conductor plate.. at the same time, they have to do a trans flush. the vehicle has 134k right now.. the total they are going to charge me is $750. reasonable? expensive?

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,135 Posts
Complete fluid flush for the trans is about $300. Pilot bushing(13 pin connector) is $40 installed.
These are guestimates. I do not know their pricing.
If I am close $410 sounds like a lot for removing and cleaning the module, but a dealer would charge you $1200
for all the things you listed.
If you trust them and they have long track record of being fair and standing behind their work then
you have to go with your instincts. Most dealers would never even do anything but replace the module.

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are replacing the control module.. they are cleaning the trans computer because it was soaked in oil. if anyone needs any repairs in the chicagoland area for any german car, let me know and ill give you the address.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,135 Posts
I forgot to factor in the the conductor plate. For $750 I think you are getting treated very fairly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts