Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300e, 1989 300te
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few days ago after getting off the freeway my transmission would not shift into 4th gear. I messed with the throttle a bit and it finally shifted. Than yesterday im driving on the freeway and slow down due to traffic and the car down shifts into 3rd and stays there. Again messing with the throttle sometimes makes it shift but not always. This happens only whens its hot. Ive tried adjusting the vacuum on the side but no success. Thought id see if any one had any ideas.:(

·
Registered
1990 300e, 1989 300te
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its has 190k. The car is in good condition I just bought it a few months ago. The fluid looks clean. Nice and red. But I did notice that there are bubbles in the fluid when I park and check it when it starts acting up.

·
Registered
1994 320E Wagon
35 Posts
So a few days ago after getting off the freeway my transmission would not shift into 4th gear. I messed with the throttle a bit and it finally shifted. Than yesterday im driving on the freeway and slow down due to traffic and the car down shifts into 3rd and stays there. Again messing with the throttle sometimes makes it shift but not always. This happens only whens its hot. Ive tried adjusting the vacuum on the side but no success. Thought id see if any one had any ideas.:(
I've had what sounds like the same problem. Downshifted with no apparant reason and stays there. Had the trans. rebuilt, and the mech. says the valve bodies looked OK. After rebuild the trans did the same thing. Checked all the electricals and they checked out OK. Mech. has the trans. out now and is checking the valve body. Hopefully he'll find the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts