Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cabrio
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, finally got my 300sd running and tagged, took the wife out on a 1 hour ride lastnight and it worked great.

Took it work today, ran great but all of a sudden i was waiting to cross a busy section and the car would not go, it was revving and moving very slowly, it did this in D, 2, but when i dropped it into 1 it took off in first gear, i shifted it manually after that and it seemed to work find afterwards.

I took the old benz home to get the new benz incase i broke down, and on the way home i found it not to be picking up as fast as it was lastnight and it took long to shift from gear to gear.

Any suggestions? vacuum related i believe, but where do i start to look??? any pics would be great...

Thanks a lot guys!

Mike

·
Registered
91' 560SEL, 03' BMW M3, 94' 500E
222 Posts
ive read that if the car is having trouble shifting in 1st and 2nd but it gets better in 3rd and 4th it may be the b2 piston. you might want to look into that. theres a fix in the DIY section.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Flaring – all rev and no go – is a classic symptom of a vacuum leak problem. Unfortunately it can be anywhere from the IP leak valve to the tranny modulator and all points in between. It can also be a leak in the ACC vacuum control system. First check all the vacuum lines in the engine bay for ones that are broken or disconnected.

·
Registered
1990 300SE
1,466 Posts
Take the vacuum line for the transmission off the manifold and plug the manifold. See if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cabrio
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i only found one line off, its the one venting the valve cover.

All the other lines where snug, the has been sitting for a long time so it very well has a vac leak,.

the door lock system is working to spec.

Are you talking about plugging the line off of the exhaust manifold?? which manifold exactly?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cabrio
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw a vacuum line manifold in front of the oil filter, and one skinnly black line goes down to the tranny. is this the one i should plug?

Thanks Guys!!!

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Make sure it’s plugged in where it needs to be. In the DIY sticky there are several vacuum diagrams to ID the lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts