Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today after some tranny issues on the cl500 I just bought used a few weeks ago. And some crazy complaints I filed to the MBUSA corporate offices about the dealership refusing to fix the issue. They decided to use their funds to fix everything for free. The question from my SA came up to choose between having the stealer rebuild my tranny that only has 53k miles on it or get a factory remanufactured ones. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My choice would be factory reman. The people who do them are working on transmissions only and are more likely to do things correctly than whoever your dealer assigns the job.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok MB of San Diego said they are "certified" to do transmission rebuilds there. My only fear again like you said is that, they probably only have 1 tech there that does the jobs because mores stealerships for any cars don't handle tranny work in house. So I was leaning on a factory remanufactured. Think i should just stay that route?

·
Registered
42 Posts
You have stated what I suspect is the situation there.
If there is no difference in the length for warranty of the repair I would go reman. A second consideration is going reman will likely be faster repair time wise.

I also suspect the dealer will make more money doing the job in house and may push for you to take that route.

What will they give you for a loaner?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got really lucky in the fact that I pay ZERO dollars for any of this work. Complaining to MBUSA execs and sending crazy email to everyone of them and few days later BAM. free work on a 9 year old car that I bought as is. I already told them i wanted the factory reman but just wanted some comfort in my decision LOL.

They gave me a 2012 c250 turbocharged engine. I talk so much mess about a C class but its actually pretty darn nice and has some giddy up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts