Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C32
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a transmission problem,, whenever I punch it harder than normal driving, no matter what speed I go, as soon as I begin to descelarate instead of changing to lower gears it goes completly out of gear. Im like at neutral and the gears would not come back until I reach like 20mph, you feel the transmission kick in again. this has happend at highway speeds and on regular street speed. Has anyone had such problem before? I already have an appoinment with MB Service, but would like to what happened with your cases..

·
Registered
C32 AMG
7 Posts
Hmm, that's strange, I've had minor problems, but it was the torque converter locking up...

Hmm, that's strange, I've had minor problems, but it was the torque converter locking up, not what you are saying. I would definitley take it to the shop and have it checked out. Another C32 in Miami, welcome. I haven't seen many around here. A lot of M3's though[:D]

·
Registered
2002 slk32
49 Posts
A lot of owners on the SLK forum who own AMG cars have ...

experienced this problem, especially on early production 2002 models. They have had the problem rectified at the dealer by upgrading the tranny software and a few pieces of hardware...do a search on the R170 forum (enter "tranny problems) and you should get the right thread with the fix the dealer has used...

·
Registered
C-43 AMG
11 Posts
Most of the MB cars with the adaptive transmission have experienced tranny problems in the...

Most of the MB cars with the adaptive transmission have experienced tranny problems in their early production. I have also heard that a software patch or reloading of the software will cure that problem. The C-43s had similar issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts