Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300TDT
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today that the transmission is out and requires a rebuild. Not sure if it is true, or if it is the B2 Piston or something else. The car will barely move when cold. Engine is very strong. Wagon is in great shape. A++ Transmission's quote on the rebuild is $1600. The car is in Katy, TX....for SALE. Has 3rd row. Not sure what to ask for it. I know I have close to $5k in it at this point. If it doesn't sell here for an agreed price, it will end up on ebay next week. Please view rebuild here:

Flickr: Photos from cchkaiban

Charles 832-794-1173

·
Registered
1980 280te 1979 Rabbit D 1969 Triumph T100C
1,406 Posts
tranny probably ripped up cause your monster truckin

·
Registered
W124
5,414 Posts
Geez, that car looks wonderful. I don't know why the tires would have anything to do with the trans going - they are the weakest part of the 123.

Why in the world would you not get the trans fixed? I know its $1600 that you wished you didn't have to spend but the last big bill you will probably have for a long time will be the trans repair. You have way too much money into the car to and it looks too good to sell in distressed condition. Where is Katy Texas?

Best wishes

·
Registered
1982 300TDT
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I put a lot of work into it...But I need something reliable for my wife. A commuter car. Katy is a suburb of Houston.

·
Registered
1982 300TDT
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car had 149k on it when it died in 94. Been sitting in a garage for almost 13 years. Window seals were not changed and are fine. Rebuild on engine has approx. 1000 miles. Odometer is now dead as is the speedo. Just killed them earlier this week trying to fix the trip meter. Don't know what to ask...You are more than welcome to make an offer.
Charles
832-794-1173
[email protected]

·
Registered
1985 300D
163 Posts
Too bad! its a beautiful car, if you can, do what you have to do to get her back to daily driver status. but we all have are reasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts