Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
G290 TD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have someone experience of the electric-wiring to trailer hitch contact. Is there already a eletric-cable under the car ready for 7 or 13 pole contact? Or must I take the cable from the back-light? Its a G290TD -00 soon with a trailer hitch[8D]

·
Registered
85 300GD 83 300TD
978 Posts
The plug in should be there already. In my machine it is up to the left of center (looking from the rear) and you will find two ends of wiring coupled together. Unscrew the plastic ring and you will find the plug-in sockets to connect to the trailer wiring. I was lucky to get a hitch bracket used that carried the trailer plug-in and the wires that connect to the plug-ins on the truck. If you don't have one of those look for a used one because over here the plug and wire assembly is very, very expensive.

-Dai

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
The plug and socket is where Dai says. If you are short of the trailr socket and short lead with plugs try Hella before MB they make them and they are much less pennies.

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
Edit to my last post.
Earlier plugs had two connectors later had 1, to convert 7 pin to 13 I use this Durite adaptor PN 0-695-69.

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 300gd
57 Posts
RE: trailer hitch wiring?7 to 4 plug adapter?

I'm looking for the adapter to the original plug on my G and am having no luck. It is a 7 holed plug ,4 female(on the outter edges) and three male prongs in line with another across the middle. The adapter I need goes to a 4 plug(1 male three female).I haven't had much luck with the local hitch stores and I don't want to splice the original.Is there a source for this.
thanx
scott

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Brilliant!

What proper Brit would be caught dead without a pair of "Wellies" in the boot of his G? [:)]

-Dave G.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts