Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 G320, 2001 CL55
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surfing Ebay and found a trailer hitch for the 463 models. It has an additional bracket compared to the one I got from Europa for my 97 model, so it may only fit the newer US models...not sure..

If anyone's interested, the item # is 7972044852.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
rtgogo - 5/7/2005 7:00 AM

Surfing Ebay and found a trailer hitch for the 463 models. It has an additional bracket compared to the one I got from Europa for my 97 model, so it may only fit the newer US models...not sure..

If anyone's interested, the item # is 7972044852.
That is a GREAT DEAL! If I didn't already have one, I'd buy it.

Chuck

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Alex Guess - 5/8/2005 5:30 PM

This says that it will fit 1999 & newer.

Why won't it fit my 93 500GE. I thought a 463 was a 463?

Thanks

Alex.
My guess, repeat GUESS, is that the hitch will probably fit. All the extra wiring harnesses probably will not, without some modifications.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
Matt at Rockware made a great steel rear bumper for me... his first one was for a 91 300g3 i think. It basically all lined up perfect (including angled surfaces between the tow hitch mount and the outside bumper mounts, but i actually had to send it back once because the holes that mated up to the tow hitch mount location were about 1" off of where where they should be.

This could mean a couple things. he just had a little mix up with the jigs when making mine, or it means the bolt holes have moved about an inch, but the relative spacing of the holes, the location of the tow hitch mount and the angle of the face it mounts to is the same, that much was obvious.

Some caveat's now that i looked up the item on e-bay. The bumper i have doesn't use the internal bumper mount locations (which are basically shared by the wings that come off that trailer hitch. If they're changed if might be that you have to have new holes places in the main base plate.

Safest bet.... I bet Europa can answer this question because they're familiar with the truck over time.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
On mine, it bolted right up! I did not use any of the wiring harnesses. Instead, I made an adapter from the European 13pin --> US 6pin and 4pin plugs.
I was able to pick up the adapters for $6 each while I was in Germany last fall.

Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts