Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 300E
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am home relaxing watching a movie with my girlfriend and i look at the time and its 3am. i here the alarm of the ML go off so i run out to see what it was. as i am walking outside i see a car down the block driving really fast. i run to my car and i see the window has been shattered. since i have aftermarket tints the window shattered but stayed in place because of the film...i dont understand what peoples deals are...i purchased new glass from dealer for 100 bucks and i am going to put it in myself later when i get to my shop

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Bummer. But I never realized how effective the window film is. I have it on the front windows of my ML too.

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
Sorry to hear that, all you can do is fix.

They beat up my mercedes so bad bro. i'm fucking sick of this. They broke into it THREE times, twice from the trunk so i keep that manually locked all the time. Thats when i had an in dash audio system. third time they broke the left side passenger window. my dad was coming back home at midnight and he saw someone jump out of the car and run away. my car was keyed with three keys three nights ago on the hood. i got a flat once with a screw but idk if it was placed intentionally.

with the bmw they keyed the shit out of it when we got it. on the hood, sides and the trunk. then before we sold it they stole the drivers side mirror.

AND yesterday i was turning the corner to my block with the land rover, so my ml was parked across the street from my house and my neighbors new camry (white) was in front of the ml. like three cars before my ml i see two 12 yrs old or so kids writing on the trunk, but i think i saw a paper there. so i park in front of the camry and open the door. i see one kid pass by me going across the street so i gave him the meanest look ever. then his dumb ass friend goes to him across the street and i hear him say "i made a line on it". i immediately ran to the ml and checked it thoroughly to find nothing. i look at the passenger door of the camry and see a two foot black line on the side. i tried to wipe it with my finger and it started to come off, thank God.

I just can't stand this anymore. when i get home i'll be outside at 3pm looking for those kids so i can break their faces (not really, i'm gonna call the police and grab them)

AFIh)PIHGF)AESHg0ogjvanerp9giuaewhnrgu;aiewrhu AWEAWIA_GIEWJRgnar

PS: Don't leave your GPS mount visible...

·
Registered
90 300E
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats why it sucks living here in new york bro.... i mean im 18 years old but im not a little chump running around vandalizing other peoples property. im going to be waiting one night because im more than sure they are going to come back

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
thats why it sucks living here in new york bro.... i mean im 18 years old but im not a little chump running around vandalizing other peoples property. im going to be waiting one night because im more than sure they are going to come back
bro, i'm 19. i just hate this soooo much. i'm in the bottom of queens near brooklyn, like before they would mess around a lot, but there was no incidents in the past year, and now they key me. i'm just like you, i have the utmost respect to others peoples cars cause i wouldn't like anyone to do anything to mine. before i go to sleep i always check my cars. if i see someone by it or even suspicious people walking by slowly or w/e i stay there until they leave completely.

·
Registered
90 300E
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its whatever...im going to my shop soon and im gonna replace the glass....i am having camera's installed at my house....luckily my car came with the glass alarm thingy. it really does work.

·
Registered
2001 Ml-320 sport
45 Posts
sorry to hear this. i hate the hassle, money and time that will result in dealing with this kind of incident. my old accord got broken into all for an indash navi. really really gay.

just good luck on fixing that.

·
Registered
1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE
703 Posts
Man vandalism and stolen property is the worst feeling...i had my head unit on for less then a week and my rims on my accord for about a month before some jackasses here in DC decided to steal my car and strip it...its the WORST feeling in the world for a car person, worse then if my gf of 3 years and soon to be fiancee left me

·
Registered
2005 ML500
40 Posts
Jake... my friend... my PAL!!

In your time of anger you should consider emptying your garage and putting the Germans in there. I have my Swede and my ML safely stowed and my Mossy fully oiled in case someone tries to break in.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You're a sick puppy.

:D

But, yeah, I get that... Vandalism is bad, and yet, it's better that they didn't get into your car.
I bet youd find quite a few people on here that would agree with me...im cursed through generations of car lovers...she knows it

·
Registered
703 Posts
Jake... my friend... my PAL!!

In your time of anger you should consider emptying your garage and putting the Germans in there. I have my Swede and my ML safely stowed and my Mossy fully oiled in case someone tries to break in.
I dont think most cities have a lot of personal garages, just lots and street parking...the problem is the nicer and cleaner you keep it, the more your car has a big target on it...i spent a couple hours washing, vacuuming, etc. during the evening and by morning the car was gone...

·
Registered
2005 ML500
40 Posts
I dont think most cities have a lot of personal garages, just lots and street parking...the problem is the nicer and cleaner you keep it, the more your car has a big target on it...i spent a couple hours washing, vacuuming, etc. during the evening and by morning the car was gone...
I understand, but I was jumping his bones because his avatar shows the truck parked in front of garage.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I understand, but I was jumping his bones because his avatar shows the truck parked in front of garage.
Good point. What is a Mossy?

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
HAHAHAHA, I'm sorry, I took that pic by my friends house which you can see directly behind the car in my sig. I live in an apt building so I have to park on the street. I wish i had a garage.

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
In my case of the night that the car was keyed, i spent the evening before cleaning the inside of the car such as vacuuming, armor all fixing some stuff in my engine bay, etc. when people see you working on your car and taking care of it they throw something bad your way. such hater, jeeez.

·
Registered
2005 ML350SE
421 Posts
The glass is only $100 from the dealer?? I had someone do the exact same thing to my back left window 4 days ago! No marks on the car, nothing taken....but still cost me $$$

·
Registered
2001 ML430
465 Posts
Time to move. I dont remember the last time I needed to lock my car. Quite honestly, most of the time I never take my keys out of it. Just throw them in the center console cubby.

I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that my house is currently unlocked, and it is over 25 miles away. But I can also say that in the small town where I live if it was ever broken into, we would have it figured out who did it within 24 hours and that person would wish we just called the cops.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts