Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '06 R350 with just Sunroof package . I had driven less than 8000 miles and the car drives great .However ,the size of the car is drastically limiting its usage.
I have a tough time backing up and parking the car .Not to mention, my wife literally cannot use the car as she finds it near impossible to park and backup( She is 5'3) .I strongly believe Mercedes shoud have made rear view camera/pacrk assist standard considering the size of the car.

I visited my nearest Acura dealer inquiring about the '08 MDX and test drove it .But my honest feedback on the MDX is , it is no way near the feel of driving a Mercedes.But it is very compact and drives like a car(Which I lvve it as I am missing it in the R).The dealer was willing to offer 30 K for the trade and the difference for a base model MDX is 7K (Approx). After evaluating the proposal from the Acura dealer , we decided that it is not worth downgrading to Acura and instead wanted to trade for a used ML with comparable miles

I was looking at the inventory of used ML's in my area and I found quite a few 06 ML350 's between 15 and 27 k miles and they were all retailing from 35 to 42k. I am looking at loosing a couple thousand dollars to make this trade happen . Any suggestions and expert opinion on my trade proposal :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I own a '06 R350 with just Sunroof package . I had driven less than 8000 miles and the car drives great .However ,the size of the car is drastically limiting its usage.
I have a tough time backing up and parking the car .Not to mention, my wife literally cannot use the car as she finds it near impossible to park and backup( She is 5'3) .I strongly believe Mercedes shoud have made rear view camera/pacrk assist standard considering the size of the car.

I visited my nearest Acura dealer inquiring about the '08 MDX and test drove it .But my honest feedback on the MDX is , it is no way near the feel of driving a Mercedes.But it is very compact and drives like a car(Which I lvve it as I am missing it in the R).The dealer was willing to offer 30 K for the trade and the difference for a base model MDX is 7K (Approx). After evaluating the proposal from the Acura dealer , we decided that it is not worth downgrading to Acura and instead wanted to trade for a used ML with comparable miles

I was looking at the inventory of used ML's in my area and I found quite a few 06 ML350 's between 15 and 27 k miles and they were all retailing from 35 to 42k. I am looking at loosing a couple thousand dollars to make this trade happen . Any suggestions and expert opinion on my trade proposal :confused:
Dealers are known to be low ballers. They rather cheap you on your trade in, while rape you on the new vehicle MSRPs. I suggest selling it to a private person, that is if you can. However, if you are willing to trade in your R for an 08 or even a 07 R - I am sure the dealer may be more liberal and offer you a good deal. The problem is either you sell it private and hope you get a good offer or settle to get low balled and slapped because the dealer has your b***s in his hands. Sorry about that but this is the way it is. But, if you willing to keep your 06 and install after market Backup cam that can alleve all your problems.....

Good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in a small city and it is very unlikely I can find a buyer for my R. I talked to a few dealers and found out they are offering around 5% less than KBB trade value .And to my surprise they wanted the retail price for 06 ML which is ridiculous.No one is even intrested to negotiate :mad:

I have not heard about a good after market back up camers

Anyone tried to install one , please share your experience

Dealers are known to be low ballers. They rather cheap you on your trade in, while rape you on the new vehicle MSRPs. I suggest selling it to a private person, that is if you can. However, if you are willing to trade in your R for an 08 or even a 07 R - I am sure the dealer may be more liberal and offer you a good deal. The problem is either you sell it private and hope you get a good offer or settle to get low balled and slapped because the dealer has your b***s in his hands. Sorry about that but this is the way it is. But, if you willing to keep your 06 and install after market Backup cam that can alleve all your problems.....

Good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
For a rear view camera, try contacting a hi-end car audio shop. This is easy for them, as many of their installs include rear view cameras.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Clint - Does your R-class have a trailer hitch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts