Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm financing an e350 2010 I have payments of 625 until 2019 my warranty is up 2017 or 130k miles. Im upside down 7k because my Nissan trade in was added. I currently have 70k miles. My sales person told me he could get me in the c class for the same amount as a lease for 39 months with 3k down.. but I told him I'll be out of a car in 3 years and I could keep my car, but then he said I won't have warranty either on my e350. Having a benz and no warranty would be very expensive for me. I use my warranty now and thank God I have warranty. But what are your thoughts. I think it's a good deal. I can always get a new car in three years and now I won't be upside down and I can get another lease of I choose for way less. Or I can keep my car and in 2017 have no warranty and still paying for it till 2019

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the 2015 C class is over rated. Wait for the 2017 E class it should be much better idea if you want to go with lease option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the e350 will cost way more than the c. I purchased my e in 2012 but it was a 2010, so I didn't pay what it would have actually cost. I'm upside down now. So if I get the call now, in the next two years I'll be able to get another lease and not be upside down and pay way less. At that time getting an e would be affortdable. I'm pay 625 now for my e.. I would pay more for a new one because the 625 includes my Nissan :-(

I went to the dealer and they told me I could get a chance for what I'm paying now for 36 months. If i keep my e, I'll be out of warranty April 2017 and my loan would be paid off 2019.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you insame1 for your input. you could have just not answered and bypassed the post.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
IMO its what you want. I like the new C-class so long it has options and not stripped down. with it being a 16 and if you get command you will have remote start and other nice creature comforts that your 10 does not have. But of course the C is smaller than your current E. SOOOOOOOOOOO. its all in what YOU want to do.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The problem I have with the C class is the ride. You can get every option offered and it will still ride like a C class. I've owned a couple E class with no warranty. It's not a big deal. I had to pay a couple times but, in the end, I had an E class to trade in, and, I got to ride in the E class.

Just as a side note, I just traded in an SL500 and got an SLK for the same reasons you state.(wife's car) The repairs on the SL could bankrupt me so, maybe the E to C is different. (or not)

·
Outstanding Contributor
2,995 Posts
You never stated what your financing interest rate is? How will the upside down go away if you sell/trade at a loss? Is it possible to refinance with a lower rate?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Financial concerns aside, I wouldn't go with the C Class because I find them uncomfortably small.

Wife had one back in the 90's which I disliked very much. Our son & DIL have a newer one (2012?) now. It is more attractive, but when you get into it, it's the same uncomfortable, cramped feeling. Whenever we all go out together and they want to drive, I try to politely suggest that we go in our car to save their gas.

Finally, the Navi screen looking like it's attached to the dash with Velcro ruins whatever could have become more aesthetically pleasing about the newly designed interior.

Just my thoughts...your decision. Good luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm financing an e350 2010 I have payments of 625 until 2019 my warranty is up 2017 or 130k miles. Im upside down 7k because my Nissan trade in was added. I currently have 70k miles. My sales person told me he could get me in the c class for the same amount as a lease for 39 months with 3k down.. but I told him I'll be out of a car in 3 years and I could keep my car, but then he said I won't have warranty either on my e350. Having a benz and no warranty would be very expensive for me. I use my warranty now and thank God I have warranty. But what are your thoughts. I think it's a good deal. I can always get a new car in three years and now I won't be upside down and I can get another lease of I choose for way less. Or I can keep my car and in 2017 have no warranty and still paying for it till 2019
If you rush out of this deal upside down, the next deal will leave you in the same situation. I'm not trying to beat you up or act like a financial adviser but if there is any way possible, I would pay an extra $500 a month to your current e class and get caught up. Then you will own the car (with no warranty, but no payment either) and you will take the power away from the dealer if you want to make a move. I've been in your shoes and being that far upside down is a huge weight to have on your shoulders. Good luck!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think you should let your parents handle your finances.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Take the three thousand you were going to put down and get an extended warranty and drive the E class that you love.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't worry about the warranty - the key is COULD be very expensive for you if something actually breaks. No guarantee you will have thousands in repairs. Take care of the car with regular maintenance. Work on what you can control - which is getting getting the loan paid off and out of an upside down situation. Keep the E class and make extra payments as you can until it is paid for. Resist the urge to trade after it is paid off - go car-payment-free as long as you can. Anything you do now will perpetuate the problem and simply make additional profit for the dealership. Enjoy the E class (give it a good wash/wax, tint the windows, etc.), hang in there and good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The new C class is just NOT the same as the current E class. After driving the C loaner I was VERY happy to get my car back. I'd take an older E over a new C any day of the week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
why not put the 3K towards your current loan and make additional payments as much as possible to reduce your debt. You would most probably be up by the time your warranty is up. Then consider getting a new car (leasing or financing) by trading in your e class (probably 10K+ value easily) or keep driving your e class.
Right now sounds like you WANT a new car not need it considering you are upside down.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Probably best advice

why not put the 3K towards your current loan and make additional payments as much as possible to reduce your debt. You would most probably be up by the time your warranty is up. Then consider getting a new car (leasing or financing) by trading in your e class (probably 10K+ value easily) or keep driving your e class.
Right now sounds like you WANT a new car not need it considering you are upside down.
Get out of debt is always a good idea.
Recently drove a 2016 "C" for about 60 miles on interstate and in cities. Not impressed compared to my "E." Also, the ECO was very frustrating. Slight hesitation before re-starting and car shuddered each time it started. Could turn it off each time I started car, but that's a pain.
Also, the tacky stuck on infotainment screen looked cheap and terrible.
Not a fan of round vents either - they look so dated, especially for a luxury car.
Not sure why MB reversed the turn signal/windshield wiper and cruise stalks since it is still two stalks on left side. Cruise should be moved to the steering wheel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts