Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280GE 320TE 280SE 3.5 ML500
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a late '93 500 that I want to over ride traction control. Is there any way of doing so?
Cheers

·
Premium Member
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
Peter Guenther said:
I heard disconnecting the two leads at the brake light switch will fool it
and set the ASR light in the dash!

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Photoman said:
I've a late '93 500 that I want to over ride traction control. Is there any way of doing so?
Cheers
Not a relay.. but I think you can remove the modual fom the box in the engine compartment. top rh corner. coffin shaped with 4 screws holds all the acive mods..try that first before you go messing with anything else..

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
Merc600sec said:
Not a relay.. but I think you can remove the modual fom the box in the engine compartment. top rh corner. coffin shaped with 4 screws holds all the acive mods..try that first before you go messing with anything else..
Woops, that was waht I was meaning.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
I saw this advice in a article wriiten by Stu Ritter one of the "technical guys" in the "STAR Mercedes publication".
There was no indication as to ASR illumination, I would not be pulling modules out of the box, you could get yourself into a limp home mode. I would never mess around in that box, unless someone says they did it.
if it is switched off I would want the light to tell me, so put a switch in series with it to enable and disable.

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Yes but If it goes to limp home mode you just put the modual back in . and you are no worse off.. I know that some where made without ASR fitted. so..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Merc600sec said:
Yes but If it goes to limp home mode you just put the modual back in . and you are no worse off.. I know that some where made without ASR fitted. so..
he he he.... like mine (Photoman wipes egg off face). There is lots of rubber on the road that shows I don't actually have traction control :) ..... oooops

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Photoman said:
he he he.... like mine (Photoman wipes egg off face). There is lots of rubber on the road that shows I don't actually have traction control :) ..... oooops
I dont have ASR either, I found that out on a wet day.......

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
cjawahir said:
:rolleyes: Hi all, first of all great forum, I would like to know, did you run the car with out the ASR module?

Charitar
He worked out that it did not have asr in the first place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi NZBenz, may be you did not understand my question, I am asking did the vehicle run without the ASR module ,without going into limp home mode?

charitar.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't have traction control. Never did. I just presumed I did... till leaving lots of rubber on the road :)
At this point I discovered I never had it in the first place

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
might need it though... getting supercharged soon :)
Will have to look at getting an LSD

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Photoman said:
I don't have traction control. Never did. I just presumed I did... till leaving lots of rubber on the road :)
At this point I discovered I never had it in the first place
How is that different from what I said?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts