Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 E63 Bi-Turbo w/ Renntech ECU Upgrade (and a 2011 ML350 BlueTec) 2005 E55 SOLD :(
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran the SCCA Autocross this weekend and was up against some regular competitors running race tires, could not get any closer than about a second within their times, hear that track tires will help greatly. Are there track tires that I can drive to and from the events and run one day a month or do I need a track support vehicle or a tarp to carry two in the back seat and two in the trunk to change out at the track?

I am running the OEM wheels, 18 inch.

Any help is appreciated, I should be in first and not third place and that needs to change!

:crybaby2:

·
Registered
2012 E63 Bi-Turbo w/ Renntech ECU Upgrade (and a 2011 ML350 BlueTec) 2005 E55 SOLD :(
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

Screw it, I decided to buy R compound tires - BF Goodrich R1 compound tires to see what they'll do on The Beast. I have an SCCA event this weekend and although I wish the weather would be a little warmer so as to get good heat in the tires, maybe JP will join me in his E55 again so we can tear up the track.

I decided to have them heat cycled at Tire Rack and they are going on my regular wheels tomorrow and then back off on Monday after the event.

Will report back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts