Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 E320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It there a way to track where is my MB(GPS equipped) using the web? I just want to know where my kids are...

thanks!

·
Registered
2002 ML320
84 Posts
Not that I know of on the Mercedes, other than the teleaid theft recovery.

But on the Blackberrys with GPS (AT&T Curve, and some others) you can download a free software program (blackberrytracker.com) that does provide online tracking with updates every 30 seconds or so. It does require a unlimited data plan due to the transmitting of the location.

all you do is: 1.) Install the program and register(free), 2.) Give, or Hide ;) the blackberry in the car (preferably where it can be continuously charged.) 3.) Log in to the website from your home or work pc; and there you go instant tracking.

It may not work on the verizon blackberrys (locked GPS) but I works perfectly on my AT&T.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
You have to inform your kids too about the tracking you are doing. Privacy should be important in the US too, this is fine when agreed between parties. There are similar operator services too, these always ask the permission from the located party first.

·
Registered
Volvo 940GLE, GMC Suburban, Infiniti I30, Toyota Prius, VW GTI, MB SLK350, Lexus IS250
1,063 Posts
I have a GPS in every car I own. They are always wired to the ignition. For the older cars without factory nav they are some Garmin models.

As a by product, the track the cars took are recorded in the GPS units. Although I don't check my kids, on occasions I had downloaded these tracks from the GPS and can see where the car went.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts