Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure of the tow capacity of my 240D and was wondering if I would be able to tow a very small trailer w/ my Porsche 914 autocross car on it. do you guys think the car can handle it? thanks! by the way, this is my first post here. i just got me car and i love it!

cheers

·
Registered
2x300D-83
54 Posts
Capacity

Hello!

I don´t know the rules in your country, but in Sweden the registrationpaper tells the maximum trailer load and here the car can take a trailer with another car on it. The driver though, need a special licence when the trailer+loadweight exceeds the total carweight.
Look for the rules and then it´s just a matter of patience and if you are in a hurry or not. I think it will be quite slow going uphill.

Anders

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
I don't think the car will quite be able to tow a car, even a 914. I just got a hitch for...

I don't think the car will quite be able to tow a car, even a 914. I just got a hitch for my 1976 240D, but I haven't put it on yet. According to what I have read, the W115 (predecessor of the W123) the maximum wieght you could tow with a trailer that has brakes is 1200kg (2,6xxlbs) which seems like an awful lot to me. Even if thats true, figure in at least 800-1300lbs for a trailer with brakes that can hold a car, plus the car itself.

I wouldn't want to tow more than like 1,500lbs with the 240D. Thats a lot of extra weight for a small diesel car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.