Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1988 300TE, 1995 Audi 90quattro Sport
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys recommend towing a small motorcycle trailer w/ bike and gear with a 300DT (sedan)? Approx weight would be maybe 1200lbs or less. Certainly less than 1500lbs.
I know you could probably tow more with the wagon due to hyd. rear suspension, but how much would the sedan squat, and more importantly, would the tranny and motor be able to handle it?
I do not know the towing capacities for these cars, but have seen hitches on them before. Searched the forum and found info for 240D, but not the 300DT.
Any help would be great.
Thank you!

·
Registered
'02 WRX Blue
41 Posts
I don't have the proper authority to give you recommendations, but I've heard these gu...

I don't have the proper authority to give you recommendations, but I've heard these guys say before it's not the best thing to do.

I personally have a simple hitch from draw-tie I believe, it bolts to the bumper and spare tire pan under the trunk.

I have a 8x10 utility trailer that until last week hauled nothing but compost and yard waste. Last week I picked up a used Yamaha RZ350 in the trailer. Trailer is a couple hundered pounds, the bike is just under 400, and it pulled beautifully. We weren't winning drag races against Hemi Dodge pickups ;) but it cruises 65 mph with out question on the highway.

Shane Kullman
'82 300D Silver

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.