Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300ce
6 Posts
touch up paint

sikens, standox or glasurit are your best bets. how much do you need? if you are doing a small area we can make up aerosol cans of both oem color and clear coat

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have dings,dents,deep scratches a rust spot under my truck lock an a area where gasoline was spilled on paint. what are the the differences in PPG and what you have?

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 1995 E300D, 2002 Avalanche
1,485 Posts
rbraun said:
sikens, standox or glasurit are your best bets. how much do you need? if you are doing a small area we can make up aerosol cans of both oem color and clear coat

Who is we? Are you a body shop?

·
Registered
300ce
6 Posts
paint

i'm a restorer (anyone looking for a rust free, matching everything 1955 belair convertible?).

sikens, standox and glasurit are the top of line european paints used by mercedes. standox is my personal choice and it is now owned by dupont. sikens is a product of Akzo Nobel, a worldwide leader in finishes. glasurit is owned by BASF. these brands will deliver the best match and easiest blend.
your mb was painted with a 2k system which is a base coat (colour) and catalyized clearcoat (clear and hardener).
the product i offered is a standox colour mix loaded into an aerosol can and a 2k aerosol clearcoat some really smart engineer figured out how to make a spray can with a knob on the bottom that releases the hardener inside. once released you shake it up to mix and then have about 30 minutes to shoot it before the can contents turn to rock.
the bottom line is that a small area repair (6sq ft per can set) can be made with professional results by a do-it-yourselfer. as always, prep is everything.
hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts