Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2008 CLK 350 with 39,000 miles from the original buyer ,the car is brand new.I’ve owned E 350’s,SL 500’s this car by far is a combination of both.The only problem for me was the Radio (KD fiber optic) so I did a little research and was told it would cost thousands to install a modern unit ,touch screen ,apple play ,hands free etc WRONG! Purchased a Alpine Radio from Best Buy for $275.00 ( comes with free installation ) got on line with Metra was told the conversation box was over $700.00 Bummer! Got on Amazon found a box for $99.00 (with a 30 day return) gave the radio and box to the installer (Dan) and for a total of $400.00 I was in business Sounds great! So anyone with fiber optics go for it l promise you will love it as l do.

·
Registered
2009 E350
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2008 CLK 350 with 39,000 miles from the original buyer ,the car is brand new.I’ve owned E 350’s,SL 500’s this car by far is a combination of both.The only problem for me was the Radio (KD fiber optic) so I did a little research and was told it would cost thousands to install a modern unit ,touch screen ,apple play ,hands free etc WRONG! Purchased a Alpine Radio from Best Buy for $275.00 ( comes with free installation ) got on line with Metra was told the conversation box was over $700.00 Bummer! Got on Amazon found a box for $99.00 (with a 30 day return) gave the radio and box to the installer (Dan) and for a total of $400.00 I was in business Sounds great! So anyone with fiber optics go for it l promise you will love it as l do.
Which box did you find on Amazon? I cannot find a Metra box on there for my 09 E350 which should be very similar to your 08 CLK from the Command perspective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts