Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"Comely said he is close to striking a deal with a Canadian production company to make a $15-million live-action version of the comic."

"Captain Canuck, who was conceived by Comely and artist George Freeman in 1974 as an honest and decent Mountie-turned-intelligence-agent named Tom Evans, who mysteriously develops tremendous strength and speed overnight. He was camping with a scouting troop when they encountered aliens. The next day, he wakes up twice as strong and twice as fast.

His bosses at the Canadian intelligence agency seize the moment — they rechristen him Captain Canuck, and they create a costume patterned on the maple-leaf flag of his native land. Comely originally wanted to call him Captain Canada, as a riff on that icon to the south, Captain America; he changed his mind after he saw other Captain Canadas, including one who wore moose antlers."

Could ‘Captain Canuck’ take off as a Hollywood film? | Hero Complex – Los Angeles Times

Now you hosers stop raising a ruckus in the Tim Hortons, Eh! We wouldn't want to have to have words with the mounties. Just get back on your Skeedoo and skeedaddle. :D

·
Registered
1978 416.115
1,035 Posts
Guardian (Marvel Comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guardian first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #109 (February, 1978). He appeared as a member in the first 12 issues of Alpha Flight vol. 1.

I'd pay to see an Alpha Flight movie, but doubt anyone knows who "Captain Canuck" is.

$15M to make ... probably make $2M at the box office.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 406
554 Posts
That looks like a mascot to the communist Liberal party that held power for so long.

I wonder if there is any relation to captian America?

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

And a nice explanation of how the UK works in terms of all of it parts OR why Canada has the queen on it's money but that other part still speaks french but is disowned by France.

It's all so clear now.

·
Registered
'76 406.145 Doka tug
289 Posts
Considering how badly off Hollywood's interpretation of Deadpool (the greatest thing to come out of Canada since the Wonderbra) was, (he's nicknamed 'the merc with a mouth' and they make him have no physical mouth at all) I would be surprised if there is any relevance to the original character or story.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts