Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Check main three grounding points under hood.

View attachment 2602886
Went through all basic tests several times, decided to do something very different. Took my FOB key housing apart, BINGO...a " chip" had actually come off the internal pcb. The ignition could not read the FOB signature....anti theft at its best...really working. Thank you all on here.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Went through all basic tests several times, decided to do something very different. Took my FOB key housing apart, BINGO...a " chip" had actually come off the internal pcb. The ignition could not read the FOB signature....anti theft at its best...really working. Thank you all on here.
Thanks for the update, You may save someone a whole bunch of time in the future. Do you think you can re-solder it or is it a chip socket?

You are aware of the Fob issue, if it can not be repaired hope you have a second one. If either way might be time for a Mickey Mouse Key, if you don't have one already.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am not going to try re soldering it back, UNLESS , I cannot get a new FOB key. Probably be around US$250.00 . Still cheaper than towing the car to a MB Dealer who will keep it for a few days , then charge me a small foretune in THOUSANDS.Had the steering oil pump replaced recently: $400 for the pump and $1400.00 for LABOR. and they had the car for a week almost.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Carmel

Trust me on this the Fob is no longer made, do not buy a used one on eBay once paired to a car that is it, you can not pair it again to another car. If it is your only one all you can do is order a valet Key ( AKA Mickey Mouse key)
it will start the car but no alarm function. You will have to lock via the console button, then lock the drivers door old school.

There have been rumors that benz was to have a remote this late this summer USA, earlier in Europe. Don't know about Europe but just got a Valet key Friday for our 350, asked again about the Fob he said last bulletin he got was 2016 regarding the valet key as the only choice he showed it to us. Talked to service they said the same a used remote can not be paired to another ML.

Search this site to learn even more. we paid 40 for a valet key.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Searching this site is kinda fruitless. Girls that updated software broke search engine into million pieces.:mad:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Searching this site is kinda fruitless. Girls that updated software broke search engine into million pieces.:mad:

So true the discussion I was looking for tried key words " ml fob oven and oven 200 degrees"
nothing!!!

Went to m w163 class, clicked filter, by last message, descending had to look at the list Manually till I found this:

I tried the search bar using my name only 8 posts showed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Carmel

Trust me on this the Fob is no longer made, do not buy a used one on eBay once paired to a car that is it, you can not pair it again to another car. If it is your only one all you can do is order a valet Key ( AKA Mickey Mouse key)
it will start the car but no alarm function. You will have to lock via the console button, then lock the drivers door old school.

There have been rumors that benz was to have a remote this late this summer USA, earlier in Europe. Don't know about Europe but just got a Valet key Friday for our 350, asked again about the Fob he said last bulletin he got was 2016 regarding the valet key as the only choice he showed it to us. Talked to service they said the same a used remote can not be paired to another ML.

Search this site to learn even more. we paid 40 for a valet key.
WHERE do I get that VALET key? Thanks

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Does anyone know?
....where the hell is the saved folders that some of us setup in our accounts for specific topics and rides?
Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
837 Posts
You go to MB Dealer & prove ownership via registration or pink slip & photo ID then give them VIN & they order key cut & made its sent to Dealer Express mail normally takes 2-3 days less if you're in Texas as DFW is where USA MB keys are made.

If you're in Europe prob similar routine call Dealer ahead & ask to save time.

Due to FOB Alarm Key shortage I have 'banked' my 2 Fobs and don't use them. I ordered 3 Valet Keys 1 for me, 1 for wife, 1 for external hide-a-key.

I do have 1 FOB in ML so if I have to park in sketchy area I then set alarm / use FOB that one time.

Hop this helps - David in Texas

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I shall
Carmel I was wondering if that was where the issue was.
know for sure once I have tht key workin, perhaps tomorrow.
You go to MB Dealer & prove ownership via registration or pink slip & photo ID then give them VIN & they order key cut & made its sent to Dealer Express mail normally takes 2-3 days less if you're in Texas as DFW is where USA MB keys are made.

If you're in Europe prob similar routine call Dealer ahead & ask to save time.

Due to FOB Alarm Key shortage I have 'banked' my 2 Fobs and don't use them. I ordered 3 Valet Keys 1 for me, 1 for wife, 1 for external hide-a-key.

I do have 1 FOB in ML so if I have to park in sketchy area I then set alarm / use FOB that one time.

Hop this helps - David in Texas
Parking in sketchy are? Remove the start relay on the fuse box.....

·
Registered
351 Posts
Carmel, that chip has nothing to do with the car not starting or anything like that.
Art you are right the RFID chip which is In both the fob and valet key require no current. He may not be able to lock unlock but it should still start right?

But could a broken remote mess with the rolling code and put the car in a no start mode? I don’t have the answer to that one

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Art you are right the RFID chip which is In both the fob and valet key require no current. He may not be able to lock unlock but it should still start right?

But could a broken remote mess with the rolling code and put the car in a no start mode? I don’t have the answer to that one
Broken remote has no role in starting the car. Just the blade without any electronic part will start/turn the engine. The broken chip is related to open/close function only.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
9 Participants
art_arev
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing