Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MB ML430. Car will not start, as if there is no battery connected. Not a click, or a light anywhere, not even an idiot light. Drove fine two days ago, parked it indoors, went to start it next morning , and NOTHING. Checked fuses, none found open. Could it be the famous " FUSIBLE LINK" ?
And, I have no idea where to find it. Can anyoner here help?
Many thanks ahead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery is at 12.5 volts...which is meaningless unless there is a load on it...incidentally, I am a degreed electrical engineer ....thank you for asking anyway

·
Registered
351 Posts
Is there anything alive? Interior lights, hazard flashers, door locks?

Here is diagram of starter circuit.
Witek I can not find it now but if my memory is correct you helped on this one...
"a member drove his ml to work, parked for the day went out to start it after work and no start."
Then with forum help he found not that a fuse was not blown but it was not there at all. I can not remember what his start issue was: no crank, crank, lights no lights.

Witek do you remember that one I think you got involved? I tried searching for it last night but could not find it. If something is off with the remote he would still be able to start it would just die correct?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
B
BTW...my apologies , I was not trying to impress anyone with a degree in EE, just wanted to reduce the number of questions re electrical area, that's all. Still, I do apologise if that went the wronmg way. And the schematics are very useful, than ks again.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Battery is at 12.5 volts...which is meaningless unless there is a load on it...incidentally, I am a degreed electrical engineer ....thank you for asking anyway
Carmel unless you got it figured out you may want to read this case, it sounds similar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went through all basic tests several times, decided to do something very different. Took my FOB key housing apart, BINGO...a " chip" had actually come off the internal pcb. The ignition could not read the FOB signature....anti theft at its best...really working. Thank you all on here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
9 Participants
art_arev
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing