1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car is officially totaled! D:
1986 420SEL US Spec

If you need any parts, the car will be junked in a few days so let me know now! Suspension is shot and only one wheel is decent. The interior is grey and pristine excluding a small rip in the driver's seat. If you want the whole car for a small price, let me know. You will have to pay for the transportation of the car.

The engine is great! Still starts after the crash. AND it just had the rebuild that replaces the timing chain and rails, etc. New oil in that. Clean headlights US spec that have a small rock hole in one of the plastic parts. I am taking my radio and speakers out. The windshild is in good condition with just a few small rock chips that have been filled, the rear one is good condition too except for a small amount of that white fogging at the bottom right, not really noticeable.

Anything else on there ask away! Engine parts are in good condition.

Shoot me an offer, you are responsible for shipping costs.

I am very open to offers as I need to make something off of this thing. Car is currently located in Glen Ellen, CA

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1989 560SEL, 1979 Cressida MX32, 2006 F150 Lariat
1,507 Posts
I need:
1. all 4 courtesy light assemblies from under the door panels.
2. glove box light assembly.
3. rear dome light switch in upper console.
4. rear dome lamp assembly.
price plus shipping to 37330 Thanks

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need:
1. all 4 courtesy light assemblies from under the door panels.
2. glove box light assembly.
3. rear dome light switch in upper console.
4. rear dome lamp assembly.
price plus shipping to 37330 Thanks

as in cut the wires or just pull the connectors? Also, one of the door lights has a broken piece. Just the metal part that holds the bulb in, I ended up using a smaller bulb and a very small zip tie and some gorilla tape to hold it in place, usable, but still want it? I can also include all LED bulbs for them.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL, 1979 Cressida MX32, 2006 F150 Lariat
1,507 Posts
as in cut the wires or just pull the connectors? Also, one of the door lights has a broken piece. Just the metal part that holds the bulb in, I ended up using a smaller bulb and a very small zip tie and some gorilla tape to hold it in place, usable, but still want it? I can also include all LED bulbs for them.
YES, All of them. I will use the best ones that are not broken.
I could use the connectors as well so if you dont mind cutting a few inches of wire off with them. I will also need the connector with the dome light switch if you feel like cutting that one too. Thanks

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YES, All of them. I will use the best ones that are not broken.
I could use the connectors as well so if you dont mind cutting a few inches of wire off with them. I will also need the connector with the dome light switch if you feel like cutting that one too. Thanks
sure thing, say 25 plus shipping?

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
$10 for the owners and other manuals in the plastic cases if you have it.

My brother lives in Petaluna and could pick it up, or it could be mailed to me.

I am very sorry to hear of the death of a loived car like this and hope you can find another.

If the toolk kit is complete I would be interested in that also for a reasonable price

·
Premium Member
1988 560SEC, 1987 420SEL, 1986 500SE
1,905 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car...that being said, it seems that at least part of it gets to live on in the cherished automobiles of BenzWorld. On that token:

How good is your wood? If zebrano in good shape, I could use the central wood, including window switches and the mirror joystick. Actually, I could use some replacement window switches regardless.

I'm also looking for gray floor mats, right taillight assembly (not the lense, the black backing in the trunk with the bulbs), thermo time switch (green thing that lives on the cold start valve), and assorted relays (depending on price).

My shipping ZIP is 92107. Shoot me a PM if interested - thanks, and good luck!!

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Those were vids of the car when it was still alive.(Take it easy on the lights, I like them!)

RIP 1/29/11

Kalifornia and Cascade, PMs sent

·
Registered
'85 500SEL -- Gandalf, the Anthracite
189 Posts
I'm away from my computer and can't pull up the EPC on my iPad but if the steering box on your 420 is compatible with an '85 500SEL then I'd be interested. Should be home in a couple of days to follow up.

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm away from my computer and can't pull up the EPC on my iPad but if the steering box on your 420 is compatible with an '85 500SEL then I'd be interested. Should be home in a couple of days to follow up.
I'll call my mechanic tomorrow and see if he could tell me. The car will be gone on Saturday at latest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
on the rear door by the windows there is a trim piece that is held on by 3 screws that are accesed via open door.. I need all 6 screws ( both sides).
Please e-mail me @[email protected] available
thanks ...Don.. Virginia....

·
Registered
'85 500SEL -- Gandalf, the Anthracite
189 Posts
Thx. I see an eBay listing for a steering box saying this part is compatible with '86-'91 420sel and '84-'85 500sel so I have my fingers crossed. Let me know price and shipping to 87901 if your mechanic confirms please.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
The Mercedes Benz tools in the red cloth bag that are with this vehicle have been purchased by cascade.

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thx. I see an eBay listing for a steering box saying this part is compatible with '86-'91 420sel and '84-'85 500sel so I have my fingers crossed. Let me know price and shipping to 87901 if your mechanic confirms please.
okay I will ask and pull it, any instructions on how to pull it (or what the hell it looks like?)

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on the rear door by the windows there is a trim piece that is held on by 3 screws that are accesed via open door.. I need all 6 screws ( both sides).
Please e-mail me @[email protected] available
thanks ...Don.. Virginia....
do you mean the chrome strip that is on the outside of the car? screws in at the top when the door is open?

·
Registered
'89 420SEL, '93 300E and '07 Hyu Santa Fe
562 Posts
Do you still have tail lights?

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes I do have tail lights but everyone listen up!

We may have encountered a miscalculation and the car may be fixable! If it is, sorry for getting all your hopes up. If it isn't, all deals may continue as planned.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts