Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MB SL500 Silver Arrow
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing the fluid in my '02 SL500 tranny. I've heard of some models having a bolt on the torque converter to drain it but can't seem to find it. Does the '02 have this bolt? I removed 2 rubber inspection covers but don't see a bolt. Had somebody bump the starter while I was looking but still didn't see anything. Also removed a triangular plastic cover just ahead of the rubber covers and again nothing.

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
I have never drained a torque convertor on a Mercedes before, but here is an excellent DIY writeup from a different model.
It should at least provide you with a general idea of what is involved with the procedures.

http://www.peachparts.com/Wikka/Trans7226Fluid

·
Registered
2002 MB SL500 Silver Arrow
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Link won't work. I already have the pan off and have drained all I can but just would like to know about the torque converter. Thanks

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
Apparently for some reason we are unable to post a web-link directing us to this web-page.

To view the page, you must copy and paste the below URL text to your browser search bar, then delete the space between 'www. - peachparts.com'

www. peachparts.com/Wikka/Trans7226fluid

I tested it and it works. I apologize for the inconvenience.

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
Changing the fluid in my '02 SL500 tranny. I've heard of some models having a torque converter bolt to drain but I can't seem to find it. Does the '02 have this bolt? I removed 2 rubber inspection covers but don't see a bolt. Had somebody bump the starter while I was looking but still didn't see anything. Also removed a triangular plastic cover just ahead of the rubber covers and again nothing.
MB stopped building the 722.6 tranny with a torque converter bolt approx. 12/99. So you should only be able to R&R 3.5 qts. from your oil pan.

OFF TOPIC: I have no problem getting to the above link with WinXP SP3 IE 6.0 SP2. What O/S and Browser are you running?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
OFF TOPIC: I have no problem getting to the above link with WinXP SP3 IE 6.0 SP2. What O/S and Browser are you running?
Hi, Lynns. Continuing the OT theme, the most recent exploits have revealed some serious And pervasive security issues with IE6. I'd respectfully suggest upgrading to 7 and patching it. Don't know if you can see the links then. ;)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Hi lynns sorry to continue the off topic bit, but it's just I tested the link yesterday and it gave a forbidden message. Probably they settled the problem between fora or so now...

Cheers.

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,001 Posts
It works for me too. I am running Linux, and it works for all my browsers including FireFox, Opera, SeaMonkey and SkipStone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts