1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GL320 - 2005 SL600 - 1989 260E - 1991 Allante - Old Jeep
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 2001 SL600 is out from it's cover.

I had some help at the house today. I got them to take a few minutes and get my hard to off of the car and on to it's stand.

The soft top will not go up. the trigger light flashes but no action.

The car has been parked for six months. Started right up and drives as good as ever

Any ideas short of the 45 mile drive to the dealer to spend the day and my money.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
Sl500 1997
215 Posts
HamMan said:
Hi,
My 2001 SL600 is out from it's cover.

I had some help at the house today. I got them to take a few minutes and get my hard to off of the car and on to it's stand.

The soft top will not go up. the trigger light flashes but no action.

The car has been parked for six months. Started right up and drives as good as ever

Any ideas short of the 45 mile drive to the dealer to spend the day and my money.

Thank you for your help.
Check fuses in the trunk

Than sunchronise windows UP-Down keep button pressed
Try again

If still problem you have to read the fault code with a code reader.

Sometimes is also the pump relay,in the trunk .

Rgds

·
Registered
99 AMG Sport Silver w/ Navy Top
50 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday.

I used the MB tool to manually raise the roof.

Once the roof was extended, I completed the raising process with the switch in the car and then lowered the roof with no problem.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Hi HamMan I had a similar problem the other day but mine started with the soft top cover not closing, then the roof went up half way and I had to lower it down again giving little pulses (with the engine running) to the soft top button (the red one near the gearbox) and drove a few miles topless and resincked the windows since the driver's one was not going up. Then closed the car again and everything worked fine. I suspect that it was a battery low tension problem.
Check the battery and the hydraulic fluid.

Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same problem solved

I had the same problem. Took the hard top off, tried to raise the top and the button just kept blinking. What I noticed was this.....look into the holes that the back latches of the hard top go into. You should see 2 metal lift pieces at the top. When I had the problem I noticed that one was at the top of the hole and the other was much lower. So, I put the hard top back on the car and pushed slighly on the back of it and I heard it click into both holes. I then locked it down, raised it and removed it. I again looked into the holes and both metal lift pieces were at the top.

Soft top worked fine after that. Must have been some syncing problem.

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
endoskeleton1 said:
I had the same problem. Took the hard top off, tried to raise the top and the button just kept blinking. What I noticed was this.....look into the holes that the back latches of the hard top go into. You should see 2 metal lift pieces at the top. When I had the problem I noticed that one was at the top of the hole and the other was much lower. So, I put the hard top back on the car and pushed slighly on the back of it and I heard it click into both holes. I then locked it down, raised it and removed it. I again looked into the holes and both metal lift pieces were at the top.

This is great information. But I don't think it was a syncing problem. I think it had to do with the switches that are located in the rear area. They need to be in the right position, has you described, in order for everything to work.

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
endoskeleton1 said:

Please read http://www.benzworld.org/forums/1253533-post17.html
This may have something to do with your car.

·
Registered
1998 Triple Black SL500
95 Posts
something similar to me happened last week... I was driving my car for a week and operating my soft top 3-4 times a day... and then at the end of the week after driving top down for 3 hours, I began to close the soft top, and when I pushed the switch forward, nothing happened, no noise at all and the light just blinked meaning a code was stored... my rollbar was still working properly and resetting the windows didn't help either... when I pulled the switch back you could hear the mechanisms working so I figured it can't be the fuse, so then I had it checked out by my guy and turns out a limiting switch wasn't operating properly and after a couple of adjustments my soft top is now operating perfectly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts