Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thankx for all your input on the issues i was having last week with the light on the button flashing and the car beeping. i found out today it was not operator error: there is indeed an issue (1st: when lowering the top the light never goes out until i release the button. 2nd: when raising the top, after the top is up; the motor continues to whine, but the little windows don't come up until i let go of the switch, wait about 10 seconds then hold it down again; then they come up).
i say that; to say this: dealer is going to fix it, he said the timing needs adjusted???? [?] does that sound right, or is there something else i should have mx check out? are there lube points that need attention (i did a search and couldn't find much on this point).[:(]
one other thing. i have some serious loss of power issues (when i punch it: it lags for a couple of seconds). what seems to be the fix for this? i can't be the first to experience this.

thankx

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
dealer is going to fix it, he said the timing needs adjusted???? does that sound right, or is there something else i should have mx check out? are there lube points that need attention (i did a search and couldn't find much on this point).
Wait and see what they do, they may very well fix it right the first time. Stranger things have happened. [;)]
one other thing. i have some serious loss of power issues (when i punch it: it lags for a couple of seconds). what seems to be the fix for this? i can't be the first to experience this.
Can't help here, mine never did that..

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Give the dealer a chance to fix the top. Not all experiences with the dealer are bad, they can surprise you for the good.

As far as lost power mention it to the dealer (they probably won't find anything) and ask them to reset the ECU. You can actually reset the ECU yourself but give the dealer the chance to find any problems.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
430 - 3/23/2005 8:02 AM

Give the dealer a chance to fix the top. Not all experiences with the dealer are bad, they can surprise you for the good.

As far as lost power mention it to the dealer (they probably won't find anything) and ask them to reset the ECU. You can actually reset the ECU yourself but give the dealer the chance to find any problems.

my dealer is actually awesome!!!! but then again, they are not an exclusive mb dealer. i don't know if that's the diff. or not [?] thankx for the ecu reset tip. i'll mention it to them if they don't find anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts