Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK320 (R170)
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else is addicted to the original BBC series? Jeremy, Richard, and James are f'ing hilarious!

Cheers -- Greg
2000 E320 Sedan - Brilliant Silver
Posted from my iPhone!

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,646 Posts
I like it, although their views can be naive at times.

·
Registered
AH-64 Apache
321 Posts
It's the only show I actually enjoy watching - for the whole duration of it. The hosts of the American version just aren't as funny to me.

·
Registered
71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
6,234 Posts
John the boys and I watch it quite often..

·
Registered
2012 C300 Sport 4MATIC
32 Posts
Love the show and I agree the American version is pretty bland. Jeremy Clarkson/Top Gear do a lot of stuff in the new Forza Motorsports 4 video game too, pretty entertaining.

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
Always keep 2-3 episodes on the iPad while traveling. Keeps you entertained.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
I have always been a big fan of top gear, shame we do not get it here.

·
Registered
1985 190E 2.3-16
1,583 Posts
It does have it's moments.

The test of the 600 Grosser and Rolls Royce, one of my favorites. Reischmarshall Goering has arrived... drive to the center of London and park... you look like a businessman, not a dictator... camp, or camp commandant?

The Aussies that came to visit... we thought you'd like to re enter the country the same way your ancestors left it.

The three old mid engine Italian exotics... sure shattered any illusions I had of getting one of those.

The very thorough test of the Ford Focus.

The tribute to the Jag E type was rather good. As was the tribute to British sports cars, sort of had me wanting a TVR. Nah, not really.

I was particularly fond of Richard's piece on the 190 16v as a future classic, that one actually had some useful information.

It does have it's moments. The US version just doesn't quite have the byplay or the lunacy, that's what really makes the show for me.

·
Registered
2001 SLK320 (R170)
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eh, Click & Clack are okay, funny and all, but it's a different genre altogether. Old car troubleshooting antics vs. new car driving antics. If you like Car Talk, you'll love Top Gear!

Cheers -- Greg
Posted from my iPhone!

·
Registered
2001 SLK320 (R170)
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have always been a big fan of top gear, shame we do not get it here.
Where in "N/A" are you, Eric?

Cheers -- Greg
Posted from my iPhone!

·
Registered
vintage
14,512 Posts
Fifth Gear (UK Ch5) has VBH though.:thumbsup:

(Current and several past seasons are available on 'Demand 5' Episodes | Fifth Gear | Channel 5 , but if you're outside UK, you'll have to install Hotspot Shield to overcome the geographic restrictions) :thumbsup:

·
52,804 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK320 (R170)
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"N/A"? I am in China.
Your profile location is blank, so it shows N/A. Yeah, Top Gear is excessive consumerism at its worst. I can see the ChiComs disallowing it. Maybe you can still catch clips on YouTube?

Cheers -- Greg
Posted from my iPhone!

·
52,804 Posts
Your profile location is blank, so it shows N/A. Yeah, Top Gear is excessive consumerism at its worst. I can see the ChiComs disallowing it. Maybe you can still catch clips on YouTube?

Cheers -- Greg
Posted from my iPhone!
Yes, sorry about the profile bit but since they rescinded my being a moderator here it seems they messed up my profile too, but hey who gives a shit, not Admin that is for sure. Top gear is simply not programmed here, not blocked but simply not on the menu. However "You Tube" is blocked, so this is out for me but no biggy eh.

They do have an similar program in Chinese but just not the same and sure as hell the humour is missing.

·
Registered
1985 190E 2.3-16
1,583 Posts
Do they also block topgear.co.uk? It has pretty much the entire show, broken up into specific pieces. That's where I go for a few chuckles or a bit of automotive fantasy.

·
52,804 Posts
Do they also block topgear.co.uk? It has pretty much the entire show, broken up into specific pieces. That's where I go for a few chuckles or a bit of automotive fantasy.
spam

1 - 20 of 20 Posts