Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 230 Kompressor, 2001
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i was crusing on the highway, top down, at above 70miles/hour, and a light rain started. The cool thing was that not a single drop of water entered the car. Did some else noticed this?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Yesterday i was crusing on the highway, top down, at above 70miles/hour, and a light rain started. The cool thing was that not a single drop of water entered the car. Did some else noticed this?
Yes, just don't stop unless it's under a bridge or overpass... :D

·
Registered
2002 SLK-230 Kompressor Black/Black
119 Posts
I noticed the same thing a couple of days ago on mine. Stopped under a bridge to put the top up and never got a drop of water inside the car.

Mike

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
101 Posts
Yes, I can drive through pretty heavy rain with the top down provided I stay at or above 80km/h. Only my hair gets a bit wet but in the summer that's a joy.

·
Registered
SLK..lower than yours
1,567 Posts
yeah did it the other day..left the beach with the top down and while driving home on the highway it began to pore.... i just kept the needle above 65 and all was good... funny they way people look at you when you do this... lol

·
Registered
02 - 32 (Stock); 99 SLK230 (RIP); 81 CJ7 (Fully MOD)
399 Posts
Just make sure you don't do that in very heavy rain (when people start having their flasher on)! :D
You'll have jacuzzi by the time you're done :eek::D

·
Registered
2002 SLK-230 Kompressor Black/Black
119 Posts
Wonder what the science or engineering is behind this? Surely, there's a limit to the amount of time this can be done before the inside gets soaked?

OJWerks, how long were you driving in the pouring rain before putting the top up? I've only driven about 3 minutes (in light rain) before stopping (under a bridge) to put the top up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts