Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a good rain in the Boston area yesterday - washed most of the salt off the roads. I decided it was time to take the 107 for the first drive in 5 months. I took off the battery minder, lowered the tire pressure to the proper inflation, put the key in the ignition and gave it a turn. The car fired up on a couple revolutions of the starter gear. These cars are great! Starting to make a list of my spring maintenance items. I noticed the car downshifts hard into low gear when accelerating at low speed. Don't seem to remember that last fall - I will do a search to see if anyone else has experienced that.

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
Sounds great! I just got mine up and running to.
Give it a couple of rides.
Nices being on the roads again huh.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,083 Posts
I took the cover off my snowblower again today. TWO FEET OF SNOW.
Four feet at the end of my driveway.

Still got a ways to wait.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I took the cover off my snowblower again today. TWO FEET OF SNOW.
Four feet at the end of my driveway.

Still got a ways to wait.
You are not alone brother. I'm drooling looking at the toys inside the garage. Can't wait this the snow melts and the temperature on the + side. Soon brother, soon.

·
29,083 Posts
I'm drooling looking at the toys inside the garage. Can't wait this the snow melts
I'm guessing one of the toys isn't a snowmobile.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those of you on the edge of your seats regarding my hard shifting problem, things were even flakier today. I checked the trans fluid and it turns out I was down 2 quarts. I had a major service by my indy in July (5k miles ago) including full trans service. Car doesn't leak so probably spent those 5k miles 2 qts down - ugh.

·
29,083 Posts
It's a sad state of affairs when you can't even trust a garage to check the fluid levels properly.
I have a friend with a new engine in his newish Civic due to a dealer oil change gone bad. Forgot the oil part. I have a neighbor whose oil filter fell off a day after an oil change and my new Pilot was dripping oil a week after an oil change due to a loose filter. WTF? This is easy stuff. God help them when a real problem rolls through the door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts