Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its not a great photo but my friend took a picture of the 240D while we were in seattle this weekend. We went to lake sammamish which is about 10 miles from seattle for a big VW GTG, i think there were about 300 cars, it was awesome. I was the only mercedes other then a V230 that happened to be there with Oregon plates, but he was just hanging out at the lake parked away from us, and he was there when we got there.

It was a super long day, we left Vancouver, BC, Canada at 7:00am, after hanging out at the lake we went into seattle for dinner and saw Russel Peters at the moore theatre. Got back home at 3:00am, had a power nap and was at work at 7:30am =).

Here is a couple photos of the Vito

And for good measure ill throw up a few of the awesome VW's that were in attendance

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
The green (golf is it?) car in the 5th photo looks pretty cool. Were there any Things in attendence?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt see any things, but i think there was everything else. That green golf has got to have atleast 30 thousand dollers in it if not more, It has tons of modifications that one would not notice if not a VW fan.

The exhaust cut out was shaved, all the body seams, like where the rear quarter panel meets the back end panel was smoothed, the black on the bumpers and trim is actually painted gloss and clear coated, the interior is all colour matched, with recaro seats and everything is cover in tan leather, the sunroof is custom, they only slide back OEM from VW, not tilt, it rides on a complete custom Air suspension, it was detailed to the max.

Porsche chrome door handles, Happich aftermarket (very rare) quater glass that pops out, worth about $600 for the 2 side.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are a couple more from the inside of that golf

This is a local Vancouver golf that came down, its a VR6 conversion With AWD conversion that was done in the mid 90s, a very high profile car back in the day, and also next to it a super super clean 4 door golf with a 2.0L 16V conversion, also very very classy

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
I like checking the split window kafers w/semaphores, and schwimmwagens, the Hebmuller cabrios and the 32(is it?) window microbuses and Westies....,.anything like it, Karman Ghias, transporters, anything like that around?

: AirMighty.com : The Aircooled VW Site : is cool

·
Registered
1984 300 TD-T
258 Posts
wow! Do they sell V-class vans in Canada?

The guy with Oregon plates must get a lot of questions. I've yet to see one on these shores. I wish Mercedes would sell these here, hell they sell that fugly R class.

Love the immaculate A2 chassis interior. Cool stuff!

·
Registered
1978 C123 280CE, 1988 500SEC, MY10 W204 C200 CGI
1,380 Posts
Some nice VWs there

More importantly though. Russell Peters < everyone.

He is the funniest, i've seen most of his shows and have his latest DVD.

His shows here in Australia were booked out like 2 months before

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
I'd never heard of a v230 in the US - does anyone know the backstory on those things?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts