Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes C200K Sports AMG
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to have after office hours drinks with a colleague that happened to be near a prestige auto dealership.

They had both the C W203 and E W211 models I'm interested in. I sat in the C and it was not bad, pretty nice interior. I was surprised by the legroom when I put the seat back, very good. Then I made my way over to the E and it was a world of difference. I must say, the seats were so comfortable and the interior room was nice.

The E was either the Elegance or Avantgrade and they had not Classic. Can I ask there experts here; is the seating the same for the Classic as the Elegance/Aventgrade?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Depends on what seats you order really. Cassic is just...classic, no extra options and stuff. Avantgarde seems to be the best package, it has little lower suspension, in europe even exterior is a bit different and lots of goodies come as standard in Avantgarde package. Elegance should be something in between classic and Avantgarde i think....

·
Registered
2002 W211 E240 Petrol Saloon
41 Posts
Went to have after office hours drinks with a colleague that happened to be near a prestige auto dealership.

They had both the C W203 and E W211 models I'm interested in. I sat in the C and it was not bad, pretty nice interior. I was surprised by the legroom when I put the seat back, very good. Then I made my way over to the E and it was a world of difference. I must say, the seats were so comfortable and the interior room was nice.

The E was either the Elegance or Avantgrade and they had not Classic. Can I ask there experts here; is the seating the same for the Classic as the Elegance/Aventgrade?
I have a UK spec 2002 W211 Elegance E240 2.6 litre V6 automatic, it doesn't have leather, satnav, memory seats, or parking sensors. Leather, satnav & memory seats I can live without, but parking sensors would be useful due to its length. I paid £8,000 in August 2009, a friend had owned it from new, it came with full Mercedes-Benz Service History, and just 46,000 miles on the clock. I know from a trip to Melbourne in September/October, Australians pay a premium for the Mercedes-Benz brand. I suggest you find at least an Elegance and see what goodies it comes with, if you're happy with what you get you won't go far wrong, otherwise seek out an Avantgarde which will have a better spec, but try to find one with parking sensors as I'm not sure if it's standard with all Avantgarde models.

Cheers

·
Registered
Mercedes C200K Sports AMG
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think I've ever seen an E without parking rear sensors here in Australia. I'll look into it more as to the specs. I didn't realise it varies so much between continents.

·
Registered
SL500 '97, E320 T CDI '05
12 Posts
Well, basically Classic is the base version (without extra charge), Elegance is more comfort- and luxury-oriented, and Avantgarde the more sports-oriented version. Avantgarde was the most expensive package. All versions have the same kind of seats as standard, but with different upholstery. Options were orthopedic seats, speed dynamic seats, massage functions and, not to forget, seat heating and seat cooling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts