Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 e420 benz sport 2006 cls500
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonder is it really worth it to do the double din conversion, when you can really just buy a single din radio that has the tv flip out. I have my eye on a bezel at a local junk yard since thats the highest part. Is it really worth the hassle opinion please???

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
What does our opinion matter? If you'd be happier with the double-din setup and don't mind doing the work, isn't that all that matters? You'd have many more choices if you go 2D as well, but it's also more "attractive" to the casual thief, too.

The single dins with the flip-out motorized screen are cool, but they look kind of crappy when the screen is actually out -- at least IMHO. ;)

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I should add that you also have to change the internal chassis, it's not just the bezel. If it's not in the stickies there is a great writeup a 210 owner did on this conversion, use the search feature. Then you'll be informed about what all is necessary.

Either way you have a narrow range of choices if you want to maintain your steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
1997 e420 benz sport 2006 cls500
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yes i know the cage has to be change but its cheaper than the wood trim. But its in the air right now. I know the double din looks better but the single din is simplier. Plus I dont have steering wheel control either. 97 e420 sport. Does the aftermarket double din have the same size opening as the command?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts