Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody just wanted to say that Ive learned so much from reading everyones posts. I have 2004 E320... love it btw ... Ive had it for 2 1/2 years and just started trying some mods. Thanks to everyone in the mercedes forums. This afternoon I installed a new front grill, Tom Tom in the ashtray, HID 6000k headlights & fog lights, and the Itronic BT+Ipod.

Here is a pic of the new grill, I hope everyone likes. I think it looks really nice. I ordered it from a company in canada. Installation was really easy.
PC270229.jpg

Here are the pics from my installation of my Tom Tom in the ashtray..

I fabricated an aluminum bracket inside the ashtray and also fabricated one for the Tom Tom. This way it stays secure and doesnt move.
PC270207.jpg

PC270208.jpg

I tapped into the cigarette lighter power
PC270216.jpg

This is the female end of a cigarette lighter. I purcashed this female end at my local auto part store.The male end of the Tom Tom power will plug in here.
PC270217.jpg

PC270220.jpg

PC270222.jpg

Itronic Installation.....
it wasnt to difficult I have pics if anyone would like to see.

I'll be lowering the car next week. Thank to all the mercedes owners....

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
WOW! that is a very nice OEM looking install.
I am very interested to see the itronic setup, if you would have the time..?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like to see the iTronic install and hear your thoughts on the system. I'm a new owner with a E500 4Matic and interested in installing a system for my iPhone so I can operate both the phone and iPod features.

Related, if anyone has other suggestions than the iTronic system, I'd like to hear those thoughts as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey scon.... first let me say that I am in no way a hands on or DIY. I saw the fiber optics and was like I am not even going to try to touch this. But after talking to the guys at Itronics, it totally took the fear right out of me. It took me about an 1 1/2 to install but that's because I felt like I was performing surgery..lol. However, looking back on it now it's really like a 1/2 hour install. I love being able to use all the phone functions on the command now. Downloaded my phonebook to my center console. Everything they promised was right on the money. Also my ipod working through the COMMAND buttons is awesome. It was the best purchase I made, and to think I was almost going to put an aftermarket unit in until i found the Itronic through the mercedes forums. What a mistake that would have been. I'll post the installation pics soon. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts