Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

12481 - 12500 of 12534 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Quite possibly the least amount of effort to attempt the highest possible price. Not even worth CLOSE to that (this is a sub-$10K car, max) but at least put some work into it FFS!
I looked at this car in person a couple years ago. Believe it was offered for around $4000. Too many issues so I didn't bother to make an offer. Repaint was so-so and they used some ultra gloss clear that just didn't look right. Owner says he corrected the problems. Hope he is better at car repair than his photography skills. It is important when marketing older benz's to include a front seat photo like this. I call it the "money shot"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264379857838

will i get a door handle with this price
Bold color choices, that's for sure, but so 80's.:grin

The documentations is amazing.

However, the cars is a bit confusing. It looks all original and according to the build documents, but some parts are in great shape (seats) while the curtains are shredded and lots of surface rust under the hood and underneath.

It certainly wasn't lovingly maintained.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Oh dear! I could see a bad respray.....that is a sad car. At least the console screws aren't drywall 🤣
But...Euro bumpers, headlights with wipers, webasto heater..maybe right Euro tail? Miscellaneous odds and ends you could pull. Those are worth the 7-800 offer I bet he'd take. Scrap will take care of the rest.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Actually reasonable priced for what it is.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
12481 - 12500 of 12534 Posts