4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,148

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Boy, sure is gorgeous. Top dollar for sure!
Definitely a few things that aren't to my taste (tinted signals, AMG badge, AMG imprint on rear seats, floor pedals, etc)... but luckily those are seriously the easiest possible things to fix :)

Beautiful car for sure :) Will be watching that one for sure! Especially curious if the wheels help the end price

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,154
Talbir minus 2 doors, and euro spec

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That blue SEC, used to be a forum member's car, except he had "AMG" embroided in the seats in the same blue as the exterior. It was for sale a few years ago for around $15k (if my memory serves me correctly), the original owner had a tough time selling it back then when the 126 market was very soft. The new owner \ dealer changed the seats covers and added some of the cheapie parts as noted by @bsclifton (incl. the blue headlights). I have pictures of it from back in the day in my photo archive.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,939 Posts
I think the problem here is the camera. It's distorting at the edges and magnifying the problem. I bet it looks a lot better in person.

I prefer euro bumpers but I have the same body kit, less the front spoiler and I don't think mine looks THAT bad.

And here's a pic of a euro bumper version of the kit that I had in my computer. Certainly the first choice but the US isn't that bad, in my opinion. Just don't use the wrong lens when photographing to minimize the proportions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I certainly have to agree with some of the comments above about how the AMG body kit overly emphasizes the US bumpers. The AMG kit on a Euro is much more "balanced". The wrong trunk badge and stickers on the rear seats are also doing the car no favors. The car would probably do better ex-the AMG body kit and leave just the OZ wheels.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,160
So out of proportion... atrocious.

Its like it is, but it isnt

obviously i am biased to euro bumpers...but this car does have the correct amg bits...and not some other aftermarket ones thrown on...forget about the wrong badging and the seat embroidery we know thats not kosher ...but for what it is with the wheels, lower cladding and body kit its done right

who was our member who sold his silver blue sec on BAt ....blanking out, he had aero 1 on the car...wasnt his a usa spec....it looked nice

1141 - 1160 of 1187 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
68 Participants
vdubpower
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing